• i8

Votes: 4 9.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.

VOTE - Jan/Feb 2015 Photo Competition - until 28th Feb

9K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Semerka 
#1 ·
Dear all,

Thank you very much for such interest and the countless entries.
Unfortunately, only 25 poll options can be listed and we had 26 serious entries.
I therefore chose not to include RyanT's entry as it was the only photo without a real snow or frost in it. My apologies.

Here is a summary to make it easier for our voters, although 25 photos is not exactly easy to choose from :lol2:

1. Techathy

2. Joshc219

3. brOwny

4. ogee

5. awt

6. sonicvanman

7. G9LXY

8. Andy_1_21

9. BmwMadJamie

10. midlifecrisis

11. ysuh223

12. wrighty135

13. mat280787

14. Aleksi

15. mikethemike

16. CJ92

17. mihad1

18. rusty13

19. CARLH654

20. Smithson

21. AddySy

22. Japanred120d

23. RegisRR

24. Eddd

25. Dan116i

== THE END ==

See less See more
#2 ·
Bumpity bump for more votes please, plenty of material to choose from. :)

#3 ·
Thank you for your votes so far. :)

Anymore, anymore please! :whip: :wink:

#8 ·
I have been wondering too.
But it's impossible to tell.

#13 ·
Red5 said:
sonicvanman said:
Have people been clicking the wrong one :eek2:
It does look that way :lol2:
Presumably you can vote for your own pic?

If so then the people with 0 votes have definitely picked the wrong one! :lol2:

I voted for midlifecrisis because of the pure, unadulterated, kick-you-in-the-bollocks literalness of the photographer's interpretation of the subject matter. :chin:

#14 ·
^^^ Love a bit of artful critique. :lol2:

#15 ·
I could have gone on to describe the obvious analogy the photographer intended to share with us...

The way the snow is playfully positioned in order to reveal the midriff of the car whilst retaining the modesty of the intimate details either side. A fleeting glimpse of a blue, white and black naval tantalising our most primal of senses - almost begging us to drip candle wax over the area like a chapter from a housewives paperback BDSM romp-fest - 50 Shades of Mineral Grey.

And what of the alloys? The meagre, fleeting glimpse offered to us by the photographer both hugely frustrates and leaves us begging for more at the same time. Are they really 207Ms? Are they Roma Gypsy knock offs from Ebay? Are they carefully carved and reconstituted Jammie Wagon Wheels from Poundland? The fact that we'll never know only adds to the allure of the image.

Now our eyes begin to wander to the backgorund of the scene... Where is this car? Is it a crew car forming part of an Antarctic exhibition? Is it parked somewhere deep in the uncharted, unforgiving wilderness of a Runcorn council estate? The latter scenario certainly offers the viewer a greater choice of possibilities to imagine - the most obvious of which is the image of Bear Grylls digging out a snow hole in the middle of Heath Park in order to survive the sudden polar vortex, catching unwary crows for food and drinking his own p!ss for... well, I don't really know why, but he seems to like it.

Then we come to the timestamp in the lower right corner of the image. Is this the definite moment the picture was captured? Or has the photographer tried to hoodwink us into believing an untruth? Some things are probably better unknown.

It is only by critiquing the art that we begin to appreciate it's true beauty, but then you knew that already :thumbs:

#16 ·
ILikeJam said:
I could have gone on to describe the obvious analogy the photographer intended to share with us...

The way the snow is playfully positioned in order to reveal the midriff of the car whilst retaining the modesty of the intimate details either side. A fleeting glimpse of a blue, white and black naval tantalising our most primal of senses - almost begging us to drip candle wax over the area like a chapter from a housewives paperback BDSM romp-fest - 50 Shades of Mineral Grey.

And what of the alloys? The meagre, fleeting glimpse offered to us by the photographer both hugely frustrates and leaves us begging for more at the same time. Are they really 207Ms? Are they Roma Gypsy knock offs from Ebay? Are they carefully carved and reconstituted Jammie Wagon Wheels from Poundland? The fact that we'll never know only adds to the allure of the image.

Now our eyes begin to wander to the backgorund of the scene... Where is this car? Is it a crew car forming part of an Antarctic exhibition? Is it parked somewhere deep in the uncharted, unforgiving wilderness of a Runcorn council estate? The latter scenario certainly offers the viewer a greater choice of possibilities to imagine - the most obvious of which is the image of Bear Grylls digging out a snow hole in the middle of Heath Park in order to survive the sudden polar vortex, catching unwary crows for food and drinking his own p!ss for... well, I don't really know why, but he seems to like it.

Then we come to the timestamp in the lower right corner of the image. Is this the definite moment the picture was captured? Or has the photographer tried to hoodwink us into believing an untruth? Some things are probably better unknown.

It is only by critiquing the art that we begin to appreciate it's true beauty, but then you knew that already :thumbs:
ILikeJam said:
Presumably you can vote for your own pic?

If so then the people with 0 votes have definitely picked the wrong one! :lol2:

I voted for midlifecrisis because of the pure, unadulterated, kick-you-in-the-bollocks literalness of the photographer's interpretation of the subject matter. :chin:
Many thanks ILikeJam - you're a veritable gent beyond compare. My thoughts on my photograph couldn't have been better described and never again will I witness a true art critics view and interpretation of my sacrifice to this complex form of expression ..... :lol2:

#17 ·
ILikeJam said:

Brilliant! :thumbs:

#18 ·
Any more decisive votes please, the poll is ending this weekend. :)

#23 ·
Congrats Edd, pls think about the next photo theme. :)

I have been away, but will update the hall of fame tomorrow night or Wed. :cool2:

#24 ·
Many congrats to Eddd on his win with the wintry shot of his mean machine. :cool2:

As soon as the theme for the next competition is chosen, I will set up the appropriate thread.

Please hang around. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.