Decontaminating your Paintwork

How to look after your paintwork

Moderators: babybmwadmin, Rich196, Producethis, Lambster, marco_polo

Comingoutsideways
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Decontaminating your Paintwork

Post by Comingoutsideways » Mon May 13, 2019 8:50 am

For a fallout remover (to remove iron deposits that appear as orange dots on my white 1'er) I have just tried Auto Glym Magma. Very good stuff, normally use Auto Finesse but the Auto Glym stuff was much better and smelt ok, some of the others (carpro Iron X for example stinks. Magma is a quid cheaper as well :)

SamM140
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by SamM140 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:38 am

Iron X is my go to. Doesn’t smell great but does a great job.

Dragons Breath is great too but that really really stinks, so I just tend to use that for wheels on a big clean.
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

Plus my other half’s 2007 116 cheapy project

NL-Mike
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by NL-Mike » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:55 pm

If you're looking for an iron remover/wheel cleaner that doesn't smell as bad try bilt hamber auto wheel, smells pretty good for a wheel cleaner and works really well!

RickN55
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by RickN55 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:48 pm

I used to use Auto Finesse Iron out. Very good stuff just it sometimes comes out a bit thick and doesn't give the best coverage especially with the crap triggers in the bottles. I then went to EZ CAR CARE Reigning Iron. Far better than Auto Finnese works better imo and can get 5L for around £20 on their Ebay selling page. The spray bottles they give are far better aswell give better coverage. Doesn't really smell that much either.. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

F21 2013 Alpine White M135i ZF8 PWG (Poor mans iDrive, Sun protection package + 20 percent tints, Driver comfort package, Bum Warmers, Black Panel, HK, Hex trim, M Performance grills, rear spoiler and fins)

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”