Gtechniq etc - How Has It Held Up?

How to look after your paintwork

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

emz
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Gtechniq etc - How Has It Held Up?

Post by emz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:44 pm

My first new car is due to arrive in October and I have only recently discovered the detailing world, and the recommendation in investing from the get go to ensure you have the paintwork in tip top condition over the years (these places are quoting 2-5 years!).

Saying that, after doing some phoning around at nearby recommended companies such as Minutia, KSD & Mulgari Automotive, I'm discovering that this investment is rather sizable at around the £700 mark which essentially covers the whole car inside and out.

Question really is, I will be mainly doing town driving and wanted to know whether the coating will stand the test of time & environment. Can anyone who has had a similar service done able to give their honest opinion after 6 months, 1 year, 2 years on - was it worth the money? Is there a cheaper alternative that can simply be topped up with minor detailing say once a month?
F20N 67' M140i Shadow Edition MG / Oyster / Pro / HK / Auto / Adaptive / F&R PDC / Folding Mirrors / Sunroof / Electric Seats + Lumbar / Orbit Grey 436M

MPE + Carbon Tips / MP Ventilated Discs / MP Pedals / F21 Underbody V-Brace / Maxton Splitter

Jonw246
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Gtechniq etc - How Has It Held Up?

Post by Jonw246 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:02 pm

A cheaper alternative is to look into carbon collectives range and do it yourself, as long as your paint is spotless before hand and you have somewhere dry and a reasonable temperature then applying it is dead simple and it's only around £40 per bottle which imo can do a car twice over. Their platinum paint coating lasts around 4 years from my experiences or their oracle coating gives really good gloss and water behaviour and lasts around 2 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonw246
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Gtechniq etc - How Has It Held Up?

Post by Jonw246 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:03 pm

Or another one is can coat which is a spray on buff off 6 months protection however won't give the scratch resistance and stain resistance like a ceramic style coating would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”