Waterless wash and wax

How to look after your paintwork

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

judeep
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Waterless wash and wax

Post by judeep » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:21 pm

Anyone tried any of these for a quick shine in-between details? They intrigue me but I'm wondering if they genuinely don't damage the paint.. . . .
2012 F20 118d

Ezzra
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Waterless wash and wax

Post by Ezzra » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:25 pm

Funnily enough just thinking the same thing as may be moving to southern Spain where water restrictions mean cars don't get washed at home :)

I'll await someone with knowledge on this matter.
"You cannot sedate, all that you hate".

Nottsknots
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Nottsknots » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:06 am

Not many who value their paint would recommend it.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=66463&p=838929&hil ... ss#p838929

Yes, it will clean your car, but the surface impact is forever (unless you want to have your whole car "corrected" by a professional detailer, and if you are prepared to go that far, you'll never go near a waterless product). A duster and Mr Sheen will also clean your car the once, but not recommended.

With the more modern water based paints, its much more easy to dame the surface. Even with my nice solid paint, I wouldnt personally. Most of the reviews I've seen with positive things to say are from folks with low numbers of postings (which suggests a bit of marketing to me, so not entitrely unbiased). There are always going to be some who rate them, but it just depends on your attitude to your paint. One quick fix, and all subsequent attempts at cleaning become that bit harder.
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

Jonw246
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Jonw246 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:15 am

Don't use them to 'wash' your car, however they are good after you've washed your car like a quick detailer to bring out the gloss after washes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”