Gtechniq

How to look after your paintwork

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

AdrianB
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Gtechniq

Post by AdrianB » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:57 pm

Finally decided to get my car detailed with G techniq Crystal Serum ultra and exo V3 on the paint ad protection on all other surfaces. Does anyone have any experience of these at all, or g techniq?

I believe Crystal Serum Ultra has only been out since summer.

I was a bit spontaneous pulling the trigger and the other half told me to just get it done so here we are!
M235i,sport auto,mineral white,Pro Nav,visibility pack,heated & elec seats,elec mirrors,comfort pack,MP body kit,MPE,sun protection,HK,full black panel,19" 405m

Samp4856
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Gtechniq

Post by Samp4856 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:10 pm

The detailers we use at work use gtechnique, they seem to rave about it, however.... im not so sure about the cost/profit as they did my car for free hah, what i will say is it left the paintwork looking and feeling epic.
M140 Shadow edition manual & lots of factory options, pipercross panel filter, bcs midpipe, BMS exhaust tips, jb+, motech springs, 12mmF&15mmR spacers, light weight front lip, maxton sides skirts & spoiler cap. :spotman:

AdrianB
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by AdrianB » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:21 pm

Cool I hope it brings out a good shine.

Yea it’s steep that’s for sure. I got a decent deal so it didn’t work out too bad but I now have to keep my car to make it worthwhile!
M235i,sport auto,mineral white,Pro Nav,visibility pack,heated & elec seats,elec mirrors,comfort pack,MP body kit,MPE,sun protection,HK,full black panel,19" 405m

Barney McGrew
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Barney McGrew » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:57 am

Can't comment on that specific protection but I use the Gtechniq C2 and it's a great product and have heard good things about their serum protection.

The C2 is only a repellent really, but it lasts really well - I'd say top up every 3-6 months and it will be fine. The rain beads brilliantly with it, better and lasts longer than any waxes I've used in the past.

amosian

Post by amosian » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:10 am

You won't regret it. I had mine done with Crystal Serum Light and C2 upon delivery and it's great stuff. The car (Estoril Blue) looks clean after a rainshower so I only wash it every 4-6 weeks. Epic shine, paintwork looks flawless. I wouldn't hesitate to do it on all my future cars.

One small word of caution - when you wash your car, you will have to dry it carefully or you end up with water spots that need a bit of effort to remove. I thought I could wash it, leave it wet and just drive it to dry it off. You can't. You must always towel it dry and that means finding a shady spot on a sunny day! That's the only negative.

AdrianB
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by AdrianB » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Awesome, looking forward to this now :)

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”