Baby BMW Forum banner

Anyone else enthusiastically interested in detailing and cleaning their cars?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Bunford 
#1 ·
I've just recently started to up my game. I had got lazy and started using the ARC car washes every few weeks, but am now starting to take care of my car properly again.

About 2 weeks ago I gave my car its first proper full on wash in ages. I've since gave it 2 maintenance washes and it's still looking bashing, glossy and wet!

Just wondered if there were others here interested in the detailing and cleaning side of owning a nice car, what products and routines you use, and whether there are any recommendations on products etc?

#3 ·
I live in a first floor flat with no outside electric or hose, so have limited options. I tend to give it the more full wash when at my parents. That full wash includes the below, but also an initial degreasing clean, plus fater wash stages I use a Farecla G3 Clay Mitt, AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, AutoGlym Extra Gloss sealant and a Farecla G3 Super Gloss Paste Wax, plus internal thorough clean.

My maintenance wash tends to be:

1. Use a pressure bottle to spray water over car.

2. Use a pressure bottle to spray CarPlan Demon Snow Foam an leave for 5bto 10 minutes before rinsing off.

3. Spray Wonder Wheels on all my wheels.

4. Use AutoGlym Body Shampoo Conditioner and microfibre dreadlocks type glove to wash car.

5. Use a pressure bottle to rinse the entire car and wheels.

6. Use microfibre towels to dry car.

7. Spray car with Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax and rub in before buffing off.

8. Wash all windows with Rain Glass Cleaner and then use the RainX concentrate on windscreen.

9. Use CarPlan Tire Slik on all tyres.

Seems to leave my car washed and gives it a nice, glossy and wet look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.