Baby BMW Forum banner

Detailed F20 - 2 stage paint correction and protected with Gyeon MOHS

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  leeshez 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a new member and purchased my 2012 F20 116i in January.

I am really happy with my motor however the black paintwork had bad swirls and faint scratches in places on the paintwork and was looking a-bit dull.

I decided to get it professionally detailed and had a stage 2 paint correction completed along with a ceramic paint protection using Gyeon MOHS.

I got to say the results are amazing it has totally transformed the look of the car.

If you from the Northeast, I highly recommend Auto Clean N Gleam for you detailing needs, Michael's work is amazing.

Checkout his Instagram @autocleanngleam

My insta @dan_b88

-cdn.com/20180311/84f43b6062b32e490bb98b488bc00caf.jpg[/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking good.. Black is the worst colour to hide defects but looks fantastic when detailed..

Can I ask how much he charges?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

#3 ·
That look great, most paint damage is self inflicted during washing/drying.
Stay away from the cheap gang car washes or the auto rollers. Do it yourself with the 2 bucket method, sheepskin mitt and towels to dry and you can keep it swirl free for ages.
Did your detailer give you any of Gyeon's top up solution ? Extends the life of your ceramic massively.

#4 ·
sootyvrs said:
Looking good.. Black is the worst colour to hide defects but looks fantastic when detailed..

Can I ask how much he charges?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Thanks and yeah Black is a pain to keep clean.

I was originally quoted £350 for the job however as he had a new car detail delivery delayed he had a slot at short notice so discounted to £255.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Chrome Dome said:
That look great, most paint damage is self inflicted during washing/drying.
Stay away from the cheap gang car washes or the auto rollers. Do it yourself with the 2 bucket method, sheepskin mitt and towels to dry and you can keep it swirl free for ages.
Did your detailer give you any of Gyeon's top up solution ? Extends the life of your ceramic massively.
Hi Chrome Dome,

Thanks, yeah I only use two bucket method with all my cars I have owned and never take it to the local cheap car washes, I always tell people off at work for doing just that haha

Michael also provided me with Gyeon Q2M Cure top up for extending the coatings during my regular maintenance washes [emoji106] so will keep it looking [emoji108]

#6 ·
DannyF20 said:
Hi Chrome Dome,

Thanks, yeah I only use two bucket method with all my cars I have owned and never take it to the local cheap car washes, I always tell people off at work for doing just that haha

Michael also provided me with Gyeon Q2M Cure top up for extending the coatings during my regular maintenance washes [emoji106] so will keep it looking [emoji108]

Glad that you know your stuff Danny, ceramic coatings give fantastic value if you look after them.
I've used CQ-UK's coatings for a while now, they give a life expectancy of 2 years, but with good washing techniques and a top up every other wash, I've seen double that before looking at machine polishing back to bare paint and re-applying.
Gyeon has a good reputation, you should be gleaming for a good while.

#7 ·
Chrome Dome said:
DannyF20 said:
Hi Chrome Dome,

Glad that you know your stuff Danny, ceramic coatings give fantastic value if you look after them.
I've used CQ-UK's coatings for a while now, they give a life expectancy of 2 years, but with good washing techniques and a top up every other wash, I've seen double that before looking at machine polishing back to bare paint and re-applying.
Gyeon has a good reputation, you should be gleaming for a good while.
Thanks, just need a air rifle now to Keep the birds away from ****ting on it haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.