Baby BMW Forum banner

Scratched LCI cluster

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DaleB90 
#1 ·
Unfortunately I've noticed some scratches on my instrument cluster in my LCI M2, there also looks to be some oxidisation too.

My question is can I use a plastic polish on this cluster? There looks to be an anti glare coating but it's diffuclt to tell.

I can't feel any of the scratches so they should shift easy enough assuming I can actually use a polish compound on them.

Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Octavius said:
Brasso wadding is excellent on plastic.
Not sure if the plastic has a coating on it though or the plastic is manufactured with a tint.
JonD said:
I've used meguiars scratch x in the past with success, be sure to use a proper polishing cloth not something like Kirkland microfibre cloth other wise you may as well use sandpaper
Cheers guys. It does seem as though there is a film to the LCI cluster so if I start polishing it will most likely remove this.

The level of damage is so frustrating especially on a few month old car! I might try my luck at bmw but I'm not really sure where I would stand for a warranty claim to be honest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.