Wash mitt

How to look after your paintwork

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Post Reply
ChrisGJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:57 am

Wash mitt

Post by ChrisGJ » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Evening, any recommendations please for the best wash mitt to get? The one I bought last year resembles Jack Charlton in a strong breeze so need a new one.

Cheers

jmh1506
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:56 am

Re: Wash mitt

Post by jmh1506 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:57 pm

the dooka washpad gets rated very highly. Which is what I will be purchasing next. Currently using a carpro merino wool wash mitt (needed one urgently and got this from my detailer). I think it is another great choice as it is easy to handle and has a very thick, soft pile.
M140i Shadow Manual: SO, Adaptive, Pro Nav, Comfort Access, Heated seats, Folding Mirrors + PDC, Debadged
Plans... ACS Type 3's, Motech Springs, Underbody brace, Remus cat back

gregk286
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:45 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Wash mitt

Post by gregk286 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:03 pm

I use a GYEON - Q2M Smoothie which I love, but the above suggestions are also very good one's
2010 E82 Space Grey 135i Coupe - N55

User avatar
Sam1er
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: Wash mitt

Post by Sam1er » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:07 pm

1 vote for the Klin washpad or washmitt. Very good products. Iv used a few and found this one to be the best so far.
120d sport E87 2004 Sparkling Graphite - work time - Now gone but not forgotten
325i se E90 - Now gone also
330d se E91 - New work horse
645ci E64 Silver - play time

User avatar
Octavius
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 19419
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: In The Land Of The Romps

Re: Wash mitt

Post by Octavius » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:17 pm

DEFECTED TO SKODA.

User avatar
.Griff.
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 733
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:54 pm
Location: Salop

Re: Wash mitt

Post by .Griff. » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Microfibre Madness Incredipad
Gone - 135i M Sport DCT, Just picked up - SO M140i Shadow Edition 8ZF MPE

ChrisGJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:57 am

Re: Wash mitt

Post by ChrisGJ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:58 pm

gregk286 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:03 pm
I use a GYEON - Q2M Smoothie which I love, but the above suggestions are also very good one's
...thanks, got one last night and used it - seems to work pretty well. I kept the knackered old 'Jack Charlton' one too for the sills etc.

ChrisGJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:57 am

Re: Wash mitt

Post by ChrisGJ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:58 pm

thanks for the other replies too.

gregk286
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:45 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Wash mitt

Post by gregk286 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:41 pm

ChrisGJ wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:58 pm
gregk286 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:03 pm
I use a GYEON - Q2M Smoothie which I love, but the above suggestions are also very good one's
...thanks, got one last night and used it - seems to work pretty well. I kept the knackered old 'Jack Charlton' one too for the sills etc.
Glad that worked for you. Yeah I use an older wash mitt for the sills too.
2010 E82 Space Grey 135i Coupe - N55

Jiggaman
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:48 am

Re: Wash mitt

Post by Jiggaman » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:51 pm

gregk286 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:41 pm
ChrisGJ wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:58 pm
gregk286 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:03 pm
I use a GYEON - Q2M Smoothie which I love, but the above suggestions are also very good one's
...thanks, got one last night and used it - seems to work pretty well. I kept the knackered old 'Jack Charlton' one too for the sills etc.
Glad that worked for you. Yeah I use an older wash mitt for the sills too.
Good choice, I have the Gyeon wash mitt and it is good and lasts better than lambswool.

The rest of their microfibers and drying towels are excellent too. Try their Silk Dryer..
M235i Alpine White, HK, bum warmers, sun protect, high beam. M2 carbon interior, BMWP splitter, diffuser, spoiler, grills, MPE, BMS intake, TMC

Sadly gone - 130i Limited Edition with BMWP goodies.

E87 120d - PTorque remap: 210hp

Post Reply

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”