Baby BMW Forum banner

Beginner... applying C2V3 sealant.

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Monkeyjm22 
#1 ·
Hi all,

My idea of car washing was "Let the dealer do it every service", but now I am paranoid about swirls and stuff that I never knew existed until recently.... Bl@@dy forum....😅

So now I have got a bottle of gtechniq C2V3, then read it works best after PanelWipe has been used, so now got that on order (gtechiniq PW). And got some cheap easy spray on wax from Wilko to go on top of the sealant, hoping to get a bit of extra depth and shine. Also got a bag of microfibre cloths and mits.

So... the process is wash, panel wipe, c2v3 seal, wax, beer.

But what to wash with? All the shampoos I read about all seem to have wax of some sort in them, but as I will be panel wiping after the wash, would like a wash that does not leave any residue behind. Once the seal has been done, then a waxy glossy one will be fine, but what do you recomend for the initial wash?

Should I not worry about it as the panel wipe will cut through it easily?

#3 ·
My head is kind of leading that way as well, even something like Flash hard surface cleaner... Just feels wrong....

#5 ·
Wash using a wax free shampoo. Dry and then wipe over with PW. Apply the C2v3 and apply another coat after a couple of hours. Job done.

Just top up after every wash. The PW will remove any previous waxes.

You won't need the spray wax as C2 will do.

#6 ·
As someone who's also fairly new (and pretty lazy) to all this, my advice would be buy a decent shampoo, Autoglym or G3 can be bought at Halfords and they are ok, pretty sure neither of them have any wax in them so should do the job.

Also the panel wipe will be pretty good at giving a good base for the c2v3. If you can be arsed, more than one layer will work well, when I did it on my car I did one layer, then made sure glass/interior etc was clean and then did one more layer.

The second layer will go on much better and the paint should already feel smooth and look good. Then wait for it to rain and admire your hard work :bigsmile:

#7 ·
A few weeks ago I had never even bought car shampoo in my entire life. And I'm in my 50s.

Now I have g3 body prep shampoo, gold nourishing shampoo, c2v3 sealant, spray wax, panel wipe, fluffy mitts, micro fibre cloths. Even thinking about buying a special bucket!

She who must be obeyed thinks I am having some sort of episode 😂😂🤣.

#8 ·
McTrucky said:
A few weeks ago I had never even bought car shampoo in my entire life. And I'm in my 50s.

Now I have g3 body prep shampoo, gold nourishing shampoo, c2v3 sealant, spray wax, panel wipe, fluffy mitts, micro fibre cloths. Even thinking about buying a special bucket!

She who must be obeyed thinks I am having some sort of episode 😂😂🤣.
:lol2: :lol2: same here, my list of products is growing severely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.