Baby BMW Forum banner

Best liquid car wax?

8K views 71 replies 12 participants last post by  fez_7 
#1 ·
Now that the weather is picking up I want to ensure my black car is nice and shiny. Basically I'm looking for a glossy showroom-look/mirror finish so I'm wondering what polish/wax do you guys use or recommend?

I'm not looking to spend too much and prefer to be able to buy something off the shelf instead of having to order online and wait for delivery.

I used the Simoniz stuff that comes in a gold tin last time. I admit it was good but it took ages to buff off so I'm thinking a liquid wax would be better this time. So something cheap, quick and easy to apply with a high-shine and long-lasting protection. Any ideas?

#53 ·
Ive had the auto smart one they come out like a fire extinguisher haha.

Chemical guys bubble gum is longer lasting id say mate. The liquid sprays always are.

Id use a cal scents xtreme cherry they last a couple of months

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#54 ·
fez_7 said:
Sam1er said:
There may be some for sale soon in the for sale section :) I need to have a good clear out of products i dont use. If your after some detailing supplies it will be a good thread for you. Il try and get some photos this weekend and post it on monday.
I'll try remember to keep my eye out!

Can you guys also recommend a good tyre shine by any chance?
Funny enough carpro perl is a good tyre dressing, auto glanz stuff is also good as well as Mitchell & King Tyre.

#56 ·
I bought 2 different chem guys air freshners and they went funny after a couple months sitting in my garage. I also have some auto glanz and Mitchell and King air freshners, lovely scents and no issues with them.

#58 ·
Bizarre. Ive had a chemical guys one for about a year and the shed isnt heated or air conned etx so its had various conditions to deal with and its just fine. Maybe a dodgey batch.

Used it the other day in my partners 107.

Week on and it still wafts in there of black ice =)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#61 ·
Lol cool. Il keep an eye out for ya lol. Strange on the air freshners, like you say must have been a bad batch.

Im from peterborough, where about you from bud?

#68 ·
Joe77 said:
Ive had the auto smart one they come out like a fire extinguisher haha.

Chemical guys bubble gum is longer lasting id say mate. The liquid sprays always are.
Cheers mate I'll look into the chemical guys 1 then and the megs tyre gel!

#69 ·
Hi fez_7

Sorry I've been away for a while so I missed your update. Car looks great, nice wet look to it. Back breaking work though if you are not used to it (I'm definitely not). I have half a tub of Nattys Blue Paste if you want it, it's been a couple of years since it's been used but it looks ok (smells great too) that way you can give it a go without wasting any money, I got some Supernatural Hybrid so the Natty's got put away. Anyway, if you want it it's yours just let me know.

Cheers

#72 ·
JohnnyR said:
Hi fez_7

Sorry I've been away for a while so I missed your update. Car looks great, nice wet look to it. Back breaking work though if you are not used to it (I'm definitely not). I have half a tub of Nattys Blue Paste if you want it, it's been a couple of years since it's been used but it looks ok (smells great too) that way you can give it a go without wasting any money, I got some Supernatural Hybrid so the Natty's got put away. Anyway, if you want it it's yours just let me know.

Cheers
👍 cheers mate, I've sent you a PM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.