Baby BMW Forum banner

TFR and Pump Spray

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  pem10 
#1 ·
Hi guys. Reading a fair bit about TFR, could someone shed some light on this for me. Do I tfr it before snow foam? I'm starting to look into it all more as I've just bought my first white car so feel it's going to take abit more effort to keep looking clean unlike my VO M135

#2 ·
If you want to use both, you can do, TFR before snow foam. Make sure it is properly diluted and never let it dry on the car otherwise it can cause damage to trim and paintwork. Personally i would get rid of snow foam and use a pump sprayer with TFR or something like Bilthamber Autofoam, its not as foamy but its not meant to be nor does it need to be.

#3 ·
Sam1er said:
If you want to use both, you can do, TFR before snow foam. Make sure it is properly diluted and never let it dry on the car otherwise it can cause damage to trim and paintwork. Personally i would get rid of snow foam and use a pump sprayer with TFR or something like Bilthamber Autofoam, its not as foamy but its not meant to be nor does it need to be.
Having purchased a large pump sprayer and some TFR I'm keen to try this BH Autofoam. Do you know if they can both be used together? Always a bit afraid the TFR will dry on the car in this hot weather.

#4 ·
I dont think you would need both really. BH autofoam will do the job fine as will TFR. I regularly use it by itself in a pump sprayer diluted 10:1 (10 parts water, 1 part BH Autofoam for a heavy cleaning solution, weaker dilutions for a not so dirty car).

At the end of the day they are all "pre-wash's" so any pre wash is ok. As with all pre-wash solutions, dont let it dry on the car as it can cause damage still.

I washed the wifes car this weekend just gone and made sure it didnt dry out. Went round the whole car with the pump sprayer then jet washed off immediately so to not let it dry. Some people do half the car or panel by panel, that another option if your worried it will dry too quickly in the heat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.