Baby BMW Forum banner

Wash/Cleaning Microfibers/washmitts

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rbarlow59877 
#1 ·
Hi all,

So I've read a lot in this section of the forum on how to properly clean your car and care for it in the right way. The question I can't seem to find an answer to on here is how do you wash/clean the microfibers etc that we use and how often do you wash them?

Currently, I just buy new microfiber cloths each time I clean my car as they're cheap enough but I'm thinking of investing in some decent ones so want to know what you guys use to wash them.

I also want to know, can I throw my microfiber washmitts in with the microfibers or do they need to be done separately and the same with the drying towels (Meguiars Supreme drying towel and Autofinesse Aqua Deluxe).

I'd love it if I could throw everything in at once but can accommodate if things need to be done separately.

Appreciate all the help and apologies if this has been covered already I just couldn't find anything!

Nath :D

See less See more
#2 ·
I put all my microfibers & wash mitts in together with a small amount of detergent (no fabric softener) after every time I use them, my applicators I normally wash by hand in a bucket of warm water with mild detergent, I used to buy the cheaper microfibers but have recently been buying better quality ones which last. The cloths & mitt for the wheels get done separately. that's just the way I do it, not sure if this is wrong or right but seems to do the job for me.

#3 ·
I use the gtechniq MF1 microfiber's and just pop them into the washing machine with some softener after each use. I always bin the cloth if ive used it for a harsh chemical like Tar & Glue remover. As for the wash mit.........I put it on my hand and use the jet wash to clean it after every use. Probably only wash it in the washing machine once a month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.