Baby BMW Forum banner

Best way to pre-wash and wash car without access to hosepipe or jet wash?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  GlousZimmer 
#1 ·
As the question suggests, I've got no areas close enough to my house to reach a hosepipe or a jet wash out to the car. What's the best way to tackle this to ensure that I can keep the car wet and rinsed?

#3 ·
I'm in the same situation and just use a couple of pressure bottle sprayers, the type you spray weeds with..If my car is really dirty I drive to the garage and pressure wash it off 1st

#6 ·
mtechtone said:
Would a water butt out the front of the house be of any use?

I've no outside tap, terraced house, but do have a driveway at least... water butt solved my problem.
I've not got a driveway unfortunately.. also in a terraced house with a car port area. Looking around online I think I'm going to get a pump sprayer as suggested above. At least with that I could fill it with shampoo etc and get an even spread.

Just need to find a decent one, lots on amazon have awful reviews!

#7 ·
Appreciate I'm a bit late to the party here, but have you seen these? I live in a flat with residential parking so no outside tap and no way of using a water butt unfortunately. FastCar recently reviewed and said it's amazing for what it is and it's reasonably priced too! Around £120 on Amazon. They say the only thing you'll really need is a slightly bigger battery for prolonged use.

- Product

- FastCar review

Might be worth looking into? I'm going to get one to try it when I start a new job with more money in the next 4 weeks :spotman:

Nath

#8 ·
Nathtearle said:
Appreciate I'm a bit late to the party here, but have you seen these? I live in a flat with residential parking so no outside tap and no way of using a water butt unfortunately. FastCar recently reviewed and said it's amazing for what it is and it's reasonably priced too! Around £120 on Amazon. They say the only thing you'll really need is a slightly bigger battery for prolonged use.

- Product

- FastCar review

Might be worth looking into? I'm going to get one to try it when I start a new job with more money in the next 4 weeks :spotman:

Nath
Looks good that. I'm a cheapo though so I've decided on a long hosepipe with a gun attachment at the end. At least with that I won't be spewing water constantly when I don't need it and having to run in and out to turn the tap on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.