Karcher hose connector

How to look after your paintwork

Moderators: marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis

rikky

Karcher hose connector

Post by rikky »

I've got a few different length hoses for my Karcher K6, which are all the push fit/quick release style (not screw thread).

I have two joined together at the moment using a standard hose (male both ends), approx 5m, which is nice and flexible, plus another genuine Karcher one I bought which was about 8m (hose is yellow and black), - which has a female coupling at one end (with the snap-back black quick release collar) and it's far too rigid and coils back up all the time. The 'join' at the black collar also gets caught everywhere and frustrates me.

I then bought another 9m "flexible" Karcher hose which is miles better but it's male at both ends. I want to join this to my other one (so I need a connector that's female both ends) but I don't want it bulky light the normal 'quick release' Karcher ones as they snag under wheels when you walk around the car.

Anyone got an alternative? I've looked high and low and can't find anything. Hell, I'd even weld the pair together with a slim sleeve of some sort if it meant it was a skinny joint.

Any ideas? Or is it new single flexible 15-20m hose time?

MaxM140i
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Karcher hose connector

Post by MaxM140i »

Why do you need the hose to be 15m-20m long? i use a 10m hose and it seems to work just fine getting around the car.

rikky

Post by rikky »

the 9m one on it's own is just a bit short based on where i wash the car vs the pressure washer location (for power supply). annoying really. thought 9m would be adequate and it isn't!

RogerF
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by RogerF »

'63 plate 125d M Sport

MaxM140i
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by MaxM140i »

rikky wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:54 am
the 9m one on it's own is just a bit short based on where i wash the car vs the pressure washer location (for power supply). annoying really. thought 9m would be adequate and it isn't!
Fair enough. Would a longer power extension cable not be easier?

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”