Baby BMW Forum banner

Help please

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Dizeee 
#1 ·
Alright chaps

Need your help. Car is only 2 weeks old and when washing it today I noticed a lot of scuffs and scrapes on rear bumper just below boot. Quite a lot as you can see. Don't know how it happened but I would like it gone. They haven't broke the clear coat and you can't feel them with your nail so they aren't deep. Would a scratch remover etc help me here or will it be a professional job. Any help would be great as it's annoying the life out of me.

Cheers

#2 ·
I'd certainly try polishing those scuffs out yourself. Wash it so it's spotless, then polish away.

Halfords probably stock Autoglym Super Resin Polish if you want to jump on it tomorrow.

Poorboys Black Hole is a good product for black paintwork, worth investigating. It's a black wax/glaze rather than a cutting polish though.

#3 ·
marco_polo said:
I'd certainly try polishing those scuffs out yourself. Wash it so it's spotless, then polish away.

Halfords probably stock Autoglym Super Resin Polish if you want to jump on it tomorrow.

Poorboys Black Hole is a good product for black paintwork, worth investigating.
Tried srp today mate with no luck. Was considering maybe farcela g3 scratch remover or meguiars scratch x or maybe they are too harsh. Don't want to make it worse either. Cheers for your help though. Head is done in thinking about it.

#8 ·
SRP is a filler rather than a polish (bad marketing on AG's half) same with black hole, it may look visually better initially but will wear off in days/weeks, especially in this weather.

Start off with a low cutting polish, if not then compounds and as a last resort go to wet sanding.

#9 ·
They look really similar to the scratches on mine that I'm sure a previous owners dog must have caused. Alot of it came out when I had it machine polished but there were quite a few deep ones left. A bit of polish with a filler hides the worst of it for a while but it'll probably need paint to be perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.