BMW Tyre Hotels

Fed up with your run flats? Fancy a change of rubber?
Looking a new set of wheels? Get all your tyre/alloys info in here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Post Reply
neilmcl
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:21 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

BMW Tyre Hotels

Post by neilmcl » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:44 am

Anyone used the tyre hotel services run by the various BMW dealerships, in particular Sytners. Just want to find out what they charge and what experiences you've had with them.

Thanks.
2016 F20 LCI 120d M Sport, Alpine White, Driver & Interior Comfort Pack, Leather, Sun protection, Black panel display
2013 F20 120d xDrive M Sport, Alpine White, Comfort Pack, Xenons, Leather, Sun protection
2009 E87 118D M Sport Alpine White

OneTwenty
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2375
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:33 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: BMW Tyre Hotels

Post by OneTwenty » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:45 am

Check they are doing them first as my dealer no longer does it.

They will swap them for a charge, but they don't store them any more.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

AJ_
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:13 am

Re: BMW Tyre Hotels

Post by AJ_ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:40 pm

I’ve just got a set of winters and I’m intending on storing them in bags in the garage. I was intrigued about the BMW tyre hotel and I’ve had a quote from a dealer today, £30 a season for storage.

Does anyone know if the tyre hotel offers any benefits other than storage? Someone had mentioned free top ups but it’s not documented anywhere?

AJ
F20 LCI 116d M Sport (Estoril Blue)

neilmcl
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:21 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: BMW Tyre Hotels

Post by neilmcl » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:58 pm

AJ_ wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:40 pm
I’ve just got a set of winters and I’m intending on storing them in bags in the garage. I was intrigued about the BMW tyre hotel and I’ve had a quote from a dealer today, £30 a season for storage.

Does anyone know if the tyre hotel offers any benefits other than storage? Someone had mentioned free top ups but it’s not documented anywhere?

AJ
Does that include changing the wheels over?
2016 F20 LCI 120d M Sport, Alpine White, Driver & Interior Comfort Pack, Leather, Sun protection, Black panel display
2013 F20 120d xDrive M Sport, Alpine White, Comfort Pack, Xenons, Leather, Sun protection
2009 E87 118D M Sport Alpine White

msej449
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:51 pm
Location: Brighton UK & La Tzoumaz CH

Re: BMW Tyre Hotels

Post by msej449 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:11 pm

My local dealer, Chandlers in Hove, offered tyre swap for £30, twice a year, including storage of the unused set. I used this for my previous 3 Series but unfortunately, they didn't have stock of the wheels/tyres I wanted for my current M235i, so I store them myself now:

Image

using a set of four tyre brackets and fittings from eBay, just under £13 incl. postage. My local specialist independent, Discount Tyres Direct in Worthing, collect and return them as part of the twice-yearly change-over.
2016 M235i Convertible Estoril Blue, Oyster & High Gloss Black

AJ_
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:13 am

Re: BMW Tyre Hotels

Post by AJ_ » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:29 am

neilmcl wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:58 pm
AJ_ wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:40 pm
I’ve just got a set of winters and I’m intending on storing them in bags in the garage. I was intrigued about the BMW tyre hotel and I’ve had a quote from a dealer today, £30 a season for storage.

Does anyone know if the tyre hotel offers any benefits other than storage? Someone had mentioned free top ups but it’s not documented anywhere?

AJ
Does that include changing the wheels over?
I presumed that it didn’t, as £30 a season is what ATS charge just for storage also. I will check tomorrow Neil, if it does it could be a no brainer.

AJ
F20 LCI 116d M Sport (Estoril Blue)

AJ_
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:13 am

Re: BMW Tyre Hotels

Post by AJ_ » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:30 am

msej449 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:11 pm
My local dealer, Chandlers in Hove, offered tyre swap for £30, twice a year, including storage of the unused set. I used this for my previous 3 Series but unfortunately, they didn't have stock of the wheels/tyres I wanted for my current M235i, so I store them myself now:

Image

using a set of four tyre brackets and fittings from eBay, just under £13 incl. postage. My local specialist independent, Discount Tyres Direct in Worthing, collect and return them as part of the twice-yearly change-over.
That looks a cracking setup. Interesting the tyre hotel services you have had previously were £60/year inclusive of tyre swaps!

AJ
F20 LCI 116d M Sport (Estoril Blue)

msej449
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:51 pm
Location: Brighton UK & La Tzoumaz CH

Re: BMW Tyre Hotels

Post by msej449 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:42 pm

Addendum: similar brackets available at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Wall-Rack ... 3aec9b296e and are £14.90 the set.
2016 M235i Convertible Estoril Blue, Oyster & High Gloss Black

AJ_
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:13 am

Re: BMW Tyre Hotels

Post by AJ_ » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:33 pm

AJ_ wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:29 am
neilmcl wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:58 pm
AJ_ wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:40 pm
I’ve just got a set of winters and I’m intending on storing them in bags in the garage. I was intrigued about the BMW tyre hotel and I’ve had a quote from a dealer today, £30 a season for storage.

Does anyone know if the tyre hotel offers any benefits other than storage? Someone had mentioned free top ups but it’s not documented anywhere?

AJ
Does that include changing the wheels over?
I presumed that it didn’t, as £30 a season is what ATS charge just for storage also. I will check tomorrow Neil, if it does it could be a no brainer.

AJ
After further discussions, it's a waste of time. It's £60 a year storage only and £80 charge on top to swap the wheels twice, so £140 a year. Also, they asked for proof the wheels are genuine BMW and the tyres fitted are BMW Star marked.
F20 LCI 116d M Sport (Estoril Blue)

Goon
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 487
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 5:05 pm
Location: South West Wales

Re: BMW Tyre Hotels

Post by Goon » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:22 pm

Free top ups eh, I will scoot along there shortly with my Guinness glass. :lol:

Post Reply

Return to “Tyres/Wheels”