Big Discounts at Tyre City Cirencester

Fed up with your run flats? Fancy a change of rubber?
Looking a new set of wheels? Get all your tyre/alloys info in here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

KMcG
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Big Discounts at Tyre City Cirencester

Post by KMcG » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Admins - If this post is non-compliant please delete as you see fit :idea: .

I've been in discussion with Tyre City Cirencester about future tyre discount offers in light of the Eastbourne and London deals quoted in this Forum at the tail end of 2017. I couldn't make the earlier details and as I'm based in the South-West I was looking for something more local.

So on Friday 23rd February between the hours of 7am and 9am tyres will be priced with a 50% discount applied. After 9am on Friday and all day Saturday (24th Feb) a 35% discount will be applied.

I have ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports for the rear wheels [standard fit 245/35-18 92Y XL] which will be fitted on Friday morning with a quoted price of £174.38 - for the pair! Whilst I do not need fronts (lots of tread) I'm sorely tempted to buy a pair and store them in the shed.

I have no connection with the Company and will gain no benefit from any future sales, I'm just thankful to other forum members who posted about the previous deals this Company has offered and wanted to share this with fellow members who may wish to benefit from these discounts.

So whilst I've given you an insight into my deal (and lets face it until the tyres are fitted and the price paid its only a quote) don't take my word for it - If you are interested, be that MPSS or other tyres please call the Company direct and get a quote (Tyre City Cirencester 01285 651 666). Cheers, Kevin.
M135i 5 door auto, AW, Coral Interior, adaptive suspension, heated seats, sun protection glass and 5 yr service pack - oh & all the badges fitted :lol:

rusty13
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Big Discounts at Tyre City Cirencester

Post by rusty13 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:39 am

KMcG wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:59 pm
Admins - If this post is non-compliant please delete as you see fit :idea: .

I've been in discussion with Tyre City Cirencester about future tyre discount offers in light of the Eastbourne and London deals quoted in this Forum at the tail end of 2017. I couldn't make the earlier details and as I'm based in the South-West I was looking for something more local.

So on Friday 23rd February between the hours of 7am and 9am tyres will be priced with a 50% discount applied. After 9am on Friday and all day Saturday (24th Feb) a 35% discount will be applied.

I have ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports for the rear wheels [standard fit 245/35-18 92Y XL] which will be fitted on Friday morning with a quoted price of £174.38 - for the pair! Whilst I do not need fronts (lots of tread) I'm sorely tempted to buy a pair and store them in the shed.

I have no connection with the Company and will gain no benefit from any future sales, I'm just thankful to other forum members who posted about the previous deals this Company has offered and wanted to share this with fellow members who may wish to benefit from these discounts.

So whilst I've given you an insight into my deal (and lets face it until the tyres are fitted and the price paid its only a quote) don't take my word for it - If you are interested, be that MPSS or other tyres please call the Company direct and get a quote (Tyre City Cirencester 01285 651 666). Cheers, Kevin.
So I can confirm this is indeed real.

However, they can’t get me PS4 for the rear (only the fronts), and they can’t get me PSS for the front (only the rear).

So at that point I gave up and will resign myself to paying full price for a set of PS4s when I need them.
M135i Estoril Blue - 5 Door - Manual

Kerr

Post by Kerr » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:45 am

How can they manage to sell MPSS for that? It's pretty much half price and I've often been told margins are tight on tyres.

A real bargain if you can get the right tyres.

KMcG
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by KMcG » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:27 am

Up early & waiting for my MPSS rears to be fitted! Blooming freezing in Cirencester!!!
M135i 5 door auto, AW, Coral Interior, adaptive suspension, heated seats, sun protection glass and 5 yr service pack - oh & all the badges fitted :lol:

Rustle
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Rustle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:37 am

Great deal, shame I just did my tyres earlier this year.

I got a set of Cup2’s in 2254018 (four of) fitted for £536 from my local Merit Tyre a month ago. Had PS4’s in the same size done at the same time for circa £440. Couldn’t believe that price for the cup2’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
E87 '05 130i; BMWP Brakes, intake, & exhaust. birds arb's, quaife, meister R coilovers, m3 lca, goodridge lines, oz Ultraleggera and 595 RSR's.

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:10 am

Rustle wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:37 am

I got a set of Cup2’s in 2254018 (four of) fitted for £536 from my local Merit Tyre a month ago. Had PS4’s in the same size done at the same time for circa £440. Couldn’t believe that price for the cup2’s.

Could you do me a favour and put a tape measure across your 225 Cup2's for me please? Interested in knowing the real world width of the tread. :thumbs: I know they sometimes run a little wide, curious to know how they dimensionally compare to my 245's.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

sootyvrs

Post by sootyvrs » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:54 am

marco_polo wrote:
Rustle wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:37 am

Could you do me a favour and put a tape measure across your 225 Cup2's for me please? Interested in knowing the real world width of the tread. :thumbs: I know they sometimes run a little wide, curious to know how they dimensionally compare to my 245's.
Go to the Tyrerack website as they have specs for all tyres inc. Tread width.

When I looked Cups were near same tread width as SS tyres

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

My BabyBMW's with some Pork inbetween :D
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2015 F56 Mini Cooper S Man
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2010 R56 Mini Cooper D Man
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:02 am

Thanks Dave. Tire Rack are saying 7.8", which is not even 200mm?
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

sootyvrs

Post by sootyvrs » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:53 am

marco_polo wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:02 am
Thanks Dave. Tire Rack are saying 7.8", which is not even 200mm?
Yes I noticed that for the Cup too but I think it indicates Michelin have decided to keep to a known spec for tread width unlike many other R rated rubber... All in all Michelin do seem to have a narrower tread width compared to it's competitors..

I'm not 100% sure of it's accuracy but Tirerack do seem to be the site in the US for enthusiasts (or should I say geeks :lol: ) that look for info like that
My BabyBMW's with some Pork inbetween :D
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2015 F56 Mini Cooper S Man
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2010 R56 Mini Cooper D Man
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

Fritz
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Fritz » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:52 pm

Where did you chaps find out about the offers they were running? Need some new rear summers in the not too distant future..

Return to “Tyres/Wheels”