Baby BMW Forum banner

Another will they fit question...

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  M240i 
#1 ·
Just a quick one,
Looking at some wheels for my E82, have a couple of options.
Wheel 1 -
8.5j ET35
9.5j ET40

Wheel 2 -
8.5j ET38
9.5j ET43

I'm lowered quite abit all round, my front arches are pulled slightly, I couldnt get the rears down yet.
Theres the tiniest gap at the rear at the moment, no rubbing, that's on 261M and a 255/35 tyre at the back.

I know I'll have to run abit of stretch, possibly dial in some camber?
Does 215 on a 8.5J and 225/235 on the 9.5J sound about right?

Thanks! :D

#3 ·
marco_polo said:
Wheel 2 is obviously the nicer fit. On those I'd be going 225 fronts and 245 rears.
How important is speedo error do you think? fronts look okay, but rears have a 2% speedo error, saying they would be travelling at 61.2mph when travelling 60.

#4 ·
ApexLG said:
marco_polo said:
Wheel 2 is obviously the nicer fit. On those I'd be going 225 fronts and 245 rears.
How important is speedo error do you think? fronts look okay, but rears have a 2% speedo error, saying they would be travelling at 61.2mph when travelling 60.
:? 245/35/18 is the factory size for yours, zero error.

You currently have a 2% speedo error because you're running a non-1er size of 255/35/18. Within 2% is usually acceptable for most people.

#5 ·
I was looking at slightly smaller tyres than you suggested, the error would have been 0% at the front and 2.2% at the rear, compared to standard 215/245 sizes. I was just curious as to if having a smaller circumference at the rear would have any adverse effects!
Cheers Marco

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.