Can you adjust xenon lights from inside the car

Fancy some Angel Eyes, want to get rid of that yellow glow, want info on LED's, got a problem with your headlights, get your answers here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

135ichef
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by 135ichef » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:56 am

Hi chaps got a e82 .
My dip is too low
Want to adjust this if possible.
Any help on this please..
135i coupe E82. n55 .2010..

Twenny
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Twenny » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:36 am

Chief?

Firstly. Double check that the laden weight selector wheel next to the light switch under the steering wheel is set to zero. If it's on zero proceed lol

Secondly, we need to check you have a beam adjuster. Flip open the bonnet and check the top of the headlamp for a white 6 or 8mm Allen key slot that looks like this -

If you have this adjuster and an Allen key you're good to go.

Thirdly. This is necessary to get both beams the same height, plus you have a base point incase it goes wrong you can at least revert back to your original settings and start again. Wait till it's dark and park approx 20 feet from a blank wall, put on dipped beams. If it's a brick wall count the bricks up to the cut off point (like I did in pic below) and take a photo. Then adjust the white Allen key by turning clockwise or anti-clockwise. You'll see the beam move as you adjust. Then adjust accordingly. Sorted.

I did mine a little high and then adjusted with the caravan adjuster next to auto/sidelights switch. So I'm on selector 1

Good luck and let us know how you got on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+Strut+intake+skirts+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-M135i front brakes-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

topuphere666

Re: Can you adjust xenon lights from inside the car

Post by topuphere666 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:03 am

Twenny wrote:Chief?

Firstly. Double check that the laden weight selector wheel next to the light switch under the steering wheel is set to zero. If it's on zero proceed lol

Secondly, we need to check you have a beam adjuster. Flip open the bonnet and check the top of the headlamp for a white 6 or 8mm Allen key slot that looks like this -

Thirdly. This is necessary to get both beams the same height, plus you have a base point incase it goes wrong you can at least revert back to your original settings and start again. Wait till it's dark and park approx 20 feet from a blank wall, put on dipped beams. If it's a brick wall count the bricks up to the cut off point (like I did in pic below) and take a photo. Then adjust the white Allen key by turning clockwise or anti-clockwise. You'll see the beam move as you adjust. Then adjust accordingly. Sorted.

I did mine a little high and then adjusted with the caravan adjuster next to auto/sidelights switch. So I'm on selector 1

Cars with xenons don't have the roller switch near the headlight selector due to them self levelling.

F20 M135i - auto -mineral grey, heated leather, pro nav and a few other bits

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:02 am

topuphere666 wrote:

Cars with xenons don't have the roller switch near the headlight selector due to them self levelling.

Oh poop.

Ok then, Plan B. Fit some 19" rims on the front and then 17's on the back.

That'll get the beam level up lol

P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+Strut+intake+skirts+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-M135i front brakes-VMR v710-Eibach ARB

topuphere666

Post by topuphere666 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:04 am

Twenny wrote:
topuphere666 wrote:

Oh poop.

Ok then, Plan B. Fit some 19" rims on the front and then 17's on the back.

That'll get the beam level up lol

I was gonna suggest a caravan haha

F20 M135i - auto -mineral grey, heated leather, pro nav and a few other bits

krisabf
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by krisabf » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:37 am

They still have the manual level adjuster on the actual head light though. Mine does anyway.
E82 135i N54 - MHD stage 1+, Forge FMIC, Turbosmart Plumback diverter valves, VRSF charge pipe. M3 LCAs + TS, THETYRANT camber plates, Bilstein B12, Whiteline bush inserts, resonator delete, Dare DR X2 alloys, MB Quart QM-200.3 + Pioneer D8604 amp.

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:40 am

topuphere666 wrote:I was gonna suggest a caravan haha

Ha yes, we are on FIRE today topup

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:46 am

krisabf wrote:They still have the manual level adjuster on the actual head light though. Mine does anyway.

Ooooooooh interesting.

Chief? Hold off buying a caravan or alloys, for now anyway lol

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:54 am

Plan A - check for manual leveller

Plan B - 17 and 19 rims

Plan C - caravan

Plan D - fit coilovers just to the rear suspension and jack them right up.

135ichef
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by 135ichef » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:45 pm

You tinkers :mrgreen:
135i coupe E82. n55 .2010..

BluesHead
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by BluesHead » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:11 pm

Twenny wrote:Plan A - check for manual leveller

Plan B - 17 and 19 rims

Plan C - caravan

Plan D - fit coilovers just to the rear suspension and jack them right up.

....I carry a bag of cement in the boot...or indeed a dead body (but only if I have one lying around) Image

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Return to “Interior/Exterior Lighting”