Get more out of your engine by remapping, tuning & chipping

Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, babybmwadmin, Producethis

racey1979
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Dervtech/General remap question

Post by racey1979 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:59 pm

Hi all,

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has had their B58 mx40i remapped at Dervtech. Mine was done a while ago and also had the zf8 mapped as well which is their own in-house map rather than xhp. I have been mostly happy with it, it mapped to 435bhp with no other mods and it does feel like it. However there are certain situations that I am disappointed in the power delivery. Normal day to day driving is fine, I can't tell a difference over stock. Also on a nice long open road, boot down WOT is also fine, nice smooth, linear relentless power. However, I am not so happy when driving/accelerating briskly, 60 - 80% throttle for example. A good example is a long bypass/A road with a lot of roundabouts. Under brisk acceleration the gear changes are very prominent, there is a very annoying hesitation between gears to the point I feel my head move forward. It's definitely not the smoothness I am used to and what this drivetrain is well known for. It's at low to medium speeds under acceleration when it's the worst, it improves as I get going and starts to stretch it's legs. This is definitely not a traction issue, it does this on a warm day with bone dry roads. Starting to do my head in now as it's this type of driving I do the most, i.e making good progress and utilising the power but not full on hooligan mode. I thought it might be the zf8 map. However I flashed back to stock quite recently (engine map not gearbox) and it improved the issue massively, it felt a lot smoother when driving like this. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience ? Including anyone who has any other remap/bm3/mhd etc etc

Thanks

Andy
F22 67 M240i MG, Coral, Birds B2, MP Kit, HK, Pro Media
E91 59 335d Space Grey Emaps 350 BHP 710 nm (hers)
E46 02 325ti Compact - Sold
E46 01 330ci Coupe - Sold
Renault Clio 16 Valve
Citroen AX GTI - Saxo VTS Engined Money Pit - “Gone” :wink:

Return to “Engine Remapping/Tuning/Chipping”