N55 M235i Stage 1 or 2?

Get more out of your engine by remapping, tuning & chipping

Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, Producethis, babybmwadmin

123HJMS

N55 M235i Stage 1 or 2?

Post by 123HJMS »

Hi guys,

Had my car booked in for a stage 1 map at MSL in Birmingham but I'm tempted to hold off and get a decat downpipe installed then possibly go stage 2.

My question is would you guys go stage 2 without an intercooler? Just a panel filter and decat would be in place.

I'm also concerned about the exhaust note with the decat fitted. I already have a PCW exhaust mod and it pops/cracks as it is ... worried with a decat it would just get stupid.

Would would you guys do? Stick to stage 1 or push back the map and get a decat to go straight to stage 2 but without an upgraded intercooler?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

nastypoker
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: N55 M235i Stage 1 or 2?

Post by nastypoker »

Stage 1 for me. I like to stay legal and a decat ain't that.

Also can't recommend MHD enough. Map from home, safe as anything and you can go stage 1 or 2 or back to stock at your leisure. Also you have full control of exhaust pops and burbles.
2016 M135i LCI F20

BMW M Perf LSD - M4 TS+LCA's - BBS CH-R's with 245f & 255r - B12 Pro Kit - Underbody brace - PCW Zorst - Eton/JBL sound - Powerflex sub bushes - Upgraded intercooler - MHD stage 1 + XHP stage 3 - Ceramic'd

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: N55 M235i Stage 1 or 2?

Post by marco_polo »

Decats are a massive PITA as they fail the MOT every year. They also make your car 'unroadworthy', so technically you'd be uninsured.

I'd go with a Sports cat, upgraded intercooler, upgraded charge pipes, and a stage 2 map. Going for 1 then 2 just seems like good money after bad.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Return to “Engine Remapping/Tuning/Chipping”