BMW 123d remap-recommended bhp ?

Get more out of your engine by remapping, tuning & chipping

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

1971design
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: BMW 123d remap-recommended bhp ?

Post by 1971design » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:18 pm

p-torque.co.uk wrote:It would still be worth checking the fault codes to see if any back pressure faults are stored as a blocked DPF can cause cause limp mode under load.

As Jason has said we have seen map faults which lead to a similar issue, but a blocked or partially blocked DPF can give the same symptoms.

Whay mileage has the car covered?
Hi P-torque thanks for the input,i can`t see the dpf a problem as its only done 73k mostly mostorway company owner and also jason@more bhp has now got a dyno years since i got my vw`s mapped by him so he did a std run and got 203bhp&390nm!so pretty correct to std figures?i assume that if the dpf was part/fully blocked the numbers would be well down over std?correct me if i`m wrong just wanting as much info/input from all on this forum!:)

jason@bwchiptune
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jason@bwchiptune » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:44 am

Ask the company who remapped the car to put it back to standard and then see if it will still go into limp
Click here for: BMW Remaps
Click here for: BMW Repairs

DynoDynamics rolling road testing in london & newcastle

dealers across the uk

BMW tech
Performance tuning
Ecu repairs

8 & 9 Alpha ind est
Hayes
Ub3 1bb

p-torque.co.uk
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by p-torque.co.uk » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:55 am

1971design wrote:
p-torque.co.uk wrote:It would still be worth checking the fault codes to see if any back pressure faults are stored as a blocked DPF can cause cause limp mode under load.

As Jason has said we have seen map faults which lead to a similar issue, but a blocked or partially blocked DPF can give the same symptoms.

Whay mileage has the car covered?
Hi P-torque thanks for the input,i can`t see the dpf a problem as its only done 73k mostly mostorway company owner and also jason@more bhp has now got a dyno years since i got my vw`s mapped by him so he did a std run and got 203bhp&390nm!so pretty correct to std figures?i assume that if the dpf was part/fully blocked the numbers would be well down over std?correct me if i`m wrong just wanting as much info/input from all on this forum!:)
Hi

Yes, you can sometimes see a drop in power and torque.

I am not saying you don't have a map fault, as its very common to see limp mode issues when not tuned correctly, its nothing new or complicated to resolve.

All I am saying is that a partially blocked DPF can cause limp mode under load and higher speeds.

You really need to get the car to stock, and get it logged by someone who knows what they're doing.

Its easy to start posting on forums saying "our maps the best come to us etc etc" but rule out the possibilities first.

If you decide to go down another route, you know where to find us if you wish.

dxze
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by dxze » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:15 am

I know this is an epic thread bump but it came up on Google when I searched the query. Also, don't want to start a new thread...

Question: What's people's opinions of ecotune and their Stage 1 remap to 250bhp? Don't want any hardware changes really other than a cat back exhaust - which I know won't have much benefit to bhp anyway. They seem to get good reviews but just want to double check before I book!

Cheers.
Black 2010 E82 123D M Sport Auto

carl0s

Post by carl0s » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:34 am

I've got the 280bhp stage 2, had a chat with Stan while I was there, car has been mapped now for 8 months and in all honesty it's the best thing over ever done. Smoother and if anything more economical than before and it still makes me giggle like a little school girl any time I need to overtake anything. It's a proper weapon. Personally I'd say the stage 2 is well worth the extra cash. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with stage 1 but if you're spending extra on an exhaust I'd highly recommend spending it on the front section and going full fat, you will not regret it!

As for Stan and Ecotune in general .... awesome. Their work, attitude and passion says it all.
E82 123D Sport plus
Ecotune stage 2 DPF delete 280bhp 360ft-lbs peak
Meister R coils
More to come no doubt ....

scottieboy14

Post by scottieboy14 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:02 am

Hi just came across this post and was interested to find out if any1 here has remapped a 123d with autobox? If so what power you running? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

p-torque.co.uk
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by p-torque.co.uk » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:52 am

scottieboy14 wrote:Hi just came across this post and was interested to find out if any1 here has remapped a 123d with autobox? If so what power you running? Thanks

We have tuned a lot of 123d models with automatic gearboxes over the years.

There is no issue at all compared to the manual boxes.

We actually tuned a 123d race car with auto box a few years back which was used for 3 years in the Dunlop Maxx race series.

jason@bwchiptune
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jason@bwchiptune » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:54 am

123d autos are fine to remap

If you search on here or google
bwchiptune 123d reviews

You will find many years of reviews of me tuning these here in the U.K. and aboard and fixing many other Remaps from other tuning companies were the cars have been going into limp and there customers have been back many times only to pay out for new pressure sensors and hp pumps
When it has been the other tuners remap to start with

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
Dyno Dynamics rolling road
BW autorepairs
Over 30 year repairing BMWs
New and fully refurbished BMW Ecus and Cas units
BMW Keys made and cut same day
Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (key set from a different car)
Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars
DPF repairs fixed without the need of removal

0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB

dealers across the uk

BMW tech
Performance tuning
Ecu repairs

8 & 9 Alpha ind est
Hayes
Ub3 1bb

scottieboy14

Post by scottieboy14 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:32 pm

p-torque.co.uk wrote:
scottieboy14 wrote:Hi just came across this post and was interested to find out if any1 here has remapped a 123d with autobox? If so what power you running? Thanks

We have tuned a lot of 123d models with automatic gearboxes over the years.

There is no issue at all compared to the manual boxes.

We actually tuned a 123d race car with auto box a few years back which was used for 3 years in the Dunlop Maxx race series.

Hi thanks for the reply. Really ive been told to believe that the ZF GA6HP19Z in the 123d wont handle the torque? What sort of ftlb have you mapped the 123d to with running the zf auto box? Thanks.

scottieboy14

Post by scottieboy14 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:32 pm

jason@bwchiptune wrote:123d autos are fine to remap

If you search on here or google
bwchiptune 123d reviews

You will find many years of reviews of me tuning these here in the U.K. and aboard and fixing many other Remaps from other tuning companies were the cars have been going into limp and there customers have been back many times only to pay out for new pressure sensors and hp pumps
When it has been the other tuners remap to start with

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
BW autorepairs
New and fully refurbished BMW Ecus and Cas units
Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (key set from a different car)
Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars

0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB
Hi thanks for the reply? Really ive been told to believe that the ZF GA6HP19Z in the 123d wont handle the torque? What sort of ftlb have you mapped the 123d to with running the zf auto box? Thanks.

jason@bwchiptune
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jason@bwchiptune » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:25 pm

There are loads of posts which have been put up by forum members over the years with dyno graphs we have tuned

I would normally see 250bhp with 350ft of torque

If you google
bwchiptune 123d remap

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
BW autorepairs
New and fully refurbished BMW,Alpina Ecus and Cas units
Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (when a key set from a different car has been used)

0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB

Last edited by jason@bwchiptune on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dealers across the uk

BMW tech
Performance tuning
Ecu repairs

8 & 9 Alpha ind est
Hayes
Ub3 1bb

Bullet

Post by Bullet » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:33 am

dxze wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:15 am
I know this is an epic thread bump but it came up on Google when I searched the query. Also, don't want to start a new thread...

Question: What's people's opinions of ecotune and their Stage 1 remap to 250bhp? Don't want any hardware changes really other than a cat back exhaust - which I know won't have much benefit to bhp anyway. They seem to get good reviews but just want to double check before I book!

Cheers.
(Slightly less epic but still epic) thread bump x2....did you have it mapped with Ecotune in the end? The prev owner did mine in Apr 16. Stage 1, meant to produce 274bhp Vcorxing to their dynograph that day (performance wise, the car is otherwise stock). Did a dyno day a few weeks ago and got 279bhp with a super linear torque curve. Been really impressed with it.
Now: custom mapped E82 123d running at 279bhp on 18s (pinched from a 135i), resprayed, depo v2s and carbon fibre wingmirrors.
Next job: super exciting, a new windscreen, and discs and pads all round .

Return to “Engine Remapping/Tuning/Chipping”