Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F20, F21, F22 & F23
Manufactured from end of 2011

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

chinskee
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Experience with Celtic Tuning?

Post by chinskee » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:14 pm

Has anyone had their vehicle mapped by Celtic Tuning? looking at getting my 116i mapped with them and their price is realtiviely low compared to others (£325) for my 116i. Thanks Guys
13 116i MSport - Alpine White
Instagram: f21Charlie

SSN17
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Experience with Celtic Tuning?

Post by SSN17 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Stay away from them! They offered to tune my old 2.0 TDI Golf from 140BHP to 218BHP without any hardware changes. I believe most of their customers are people who have cars for less than 3 years who won't care about the reliability or longevity of the motor and are just looking to push out as much power as possible without caring about the stress on the components. I also had a mate who had his 318d tuned from 140 to 195 by a guy on his laptop from Celtic tuning which didn't last a year before it landed him with a very expensive bill. I would personally only go to Ecotune to map my car if I had to choose as they're local and have plenty of experience with tuning BMW's in general.

chinskee
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by chinskee » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:38 pm

Hello, thank you for the reply. I will take this onboard just looked at ecotune and requested a quote from them. Their figures look good as well, maybe too good at 220bhp for a stock 116i :lol:
13 116i MSport - Alpine White
Instagram: f21Charlie

jordan
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jordan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:27 pm

My old man had a few cars done with celtic tuning, and had no issues apart from the last one, id take the figures with a pinch of salt.

His last remap was on his 325i e92. However on cold starts (5 degrees and below) the car would go into limp mode, show engine management, abs, dct and tyre pressure failures and surge the revs between 1500 and 2500rpm rapidly, which in turn lead to the cats getting very hot!

luckily hes a mechanic and had the kit to delete the codes and proceed with his journeys, it wouldn't happen again until the next morning.

anyways, he got in touch with Celtic tuning and they said they had another case of the same issue with a car they remapped out in Sweden! and they sent another tech out to reinstall another modified map.

coincidentally Celtic tuning dont offer the same figures for the 325i anymore.

Mrpink
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Mrpink » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Please stay away.

They really messed up an old car of mine which I had to take to the dealer to sort out. My integrity to a knock as I said I didn't know what was causing all the fault codes... luckily an ECU reset sorted it, but Celtic left me with all those fault codes and said they would just go away after a week or two.

So not only do they not know what they are doing but they are dishonest too
M140 - Pure stage 1 turbo - JB4 - De-cat - BMS dual CM7 meth kit - AP intake - KW Street comfort coilovers

Official Burger Motorsport, VRSF, FTP & Boostane supplier

https://www.slnperformance.co.uk

mattisere

Post by mattisere » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:30 am

Utter rubbish. They've been absolutley brilliant with the 2 cars I've had tuned!

First was my C350 cdi making 290bhp and the second was my E93 330d LCI making 335bhp, and both have been flawless!

Guys there are so knowledgeable and you can just look at the reviews people have left on their website.

I would suggest the issue that you had was not done at their HQ in Newquay? I know they have started to franchise their brand out which will of course lead to less experienced/knowledgeable people up country using the name but all the tunes come from HQ on Newquay which is where I've had mine done on their dyno.

Kerr
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Kerr » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:34 am

Strange first post to dig out an old thread to defend a company. :lol:

edbutler
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by edbutler » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Kerr wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:34 am
LOL! I vote ban.

In all fairness, 75% of problems that happen after a remap is usually the drivers fault (i.e. ragging the car)

Village_Idiot
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Village_Idiot » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:19 pm

Kerr wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:34 am
Celtic sock puppet? :lol:
2016 M140i Estoril Blue - Manual - HK - Comfort Pack
2012 Focus ST-2 Mk3
2009 Golf TDI 110

Bluebird
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Bluebird » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:54 pm

I had my E92 330D (241bhp model) tuned by Celtic Tuning and had no problems with it whatsoever and it went like a damn steam train even with the DPF and EGR still in place. It really was very powerful and still did reasonable MPG. The dealer where I had it done had to remove the ECU and flash on the bench but they were doing a deal at the time of £199 incl VAT so I couldn't say no!

When I first had the map installed I test drove it and told them it wasn't much different so they did some work on the file, removed the ecu and reflashed it again for me and then it was a totally different animal. I can't say a bad thing about them tbh. Different stroke for different folks!

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”