Baby BMW Forum banner

Retrofit rear PDC

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Neil0505 
#1 ·
Hi every one :)
I'm the lucky owner of a 116D 2.0. But I miss rear PDC
Has been looking for installation instructions without success :(
Is there anyone here who can point me in this direction?
As far as I know it is EBA: 2232349

The best greetings
Morten

#2 ·
Hi
Done a couple on the f series you're looking at around £250 using genuine parts:
REM:2nd hand for £50-£100
4 new aftermarket sensors:£50
Bmw retrofit loom:£100
Paint:£20
And coding the REM and headunit
Drill markings are present on the rear of the bumper
Here are the instructions for the f30 basically the same except the retrofit loom part number for the f20 is 66202230399:

#5 ·
Ogb666 said:
Hi
Done a couple on the f series you're looking at around £250 using genuine parts:
Here are the instructions for the f30 basically the same except the retrofit loom part number for the f20 is 66202230399:
This is great stuff.

Once coding done etc, does the Idrive display the reversing lines etc, or do you just end up with beeping? Either is fine with me, but just trying to set me expectation levels.

#7 ·
oxfordshirerob said:
Ogb666 said:
Hi
This is great stuff.

Once coding done etc, does the Idrive display the reversing lines etc, or do you just end up with beeping? Either is fine with me, but just trying to set me expectation levels.
Yes you get as from factory idrive display + beeps

#9 ·
Ogb666 said:
oxfordshirerob said:
Ogb666 said:
Hi
This is great stuff.

Yes you get as from factory idrive display + beeps
Great stuff! Sounds like Wibbles is going to be getting a bit more of my cash for coding......once I've sourced and fitted the hardware.

Rob

#11 ·
I've now done the retrofit (bar the coding) and all is good so far.
I managed to get hold of a bumper cutting tool (Skoda) that cuts the correct 18mm holes in the bumper (once you've popped a 8mm pilot hole in - my bumper was marked for this).
It creates a perfectly sized hole without leaving a mark on the bumper and is simple to use.
If anyone is thinking of doing this, get one of these as they give you to perfect hole without fear of damaging the paint on the bumper.
Alternatively drop me a message and I could perhaps forward this one on to you for a small fee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.