F20 Boot latch ratchet noise

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F20, F21, F22 & F23
Manufactured from end of 2011

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Philze1

F20 Boot latch ratchet noise

Post by Philze1 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:00 am

Morning all,

I had a dash cam fitted a while ago and I soon recieved the warning of "Increase battery discharge when stationary. Electrical consumers were temporarily switched off". I altered the settings on the parking mode so as to not discharge to much, however parking mode was then disabled. I took the car back over the weekend and has this direct fuse connection changed to a hard wire to the OBD port. Got home the next day and started to receive the same message as before. This doesnt appear if I unplug the dash cam at night, so not ideal to keep plugging and unplugging. However, since having it fitted to the OBD port, when opening the boot, either by hand or remotely, the latch actuator seems to unlock several times in quick succession (producing a ratchet noise). The boot does open, but it sounds like it is overworking and not as it should be. Does anyone have any similar experiences, or ideas to resolve. I am a complete car electronics novice.....could this be fuse related? Is it just coincidence? Any ideas welcome!

F20 2013 M Sport 118i

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”