Baby BMW Forum banner

I have a Combox!

16K views 80 replies 17 participants last post by  Karim Bibars 
#1 ·
Just poking around in my boot and it appears that my non nav M135 has a combox installed.

Now I assume that this is there so that I can use the SOS button that is installed in all cars from week 16 2014.

If I have the combox does it mean I can code bluetooth streaming to my car?

#27 ·
Shipy said:
It looks like mine is one of the last week 14's not to have it :(
I've tried coding it this morning and get the Bluetooth menu up and can select the phone to Bluetooth music but it under media its not connected.
Not had any more time to have a look, and no idea if this is what you'd expect if options are enabled but the combox is missing.
So you have the com box in the boot and SOS?

#28 ·
scrounger said:
Shipy said:
I've tried coding it this morning and get the Bluetooth menu up and can select the phone to Bluetooth music but it under media its not connected.
Not had any more time to have a look, and no idea if this is what you'd expect if options are enabled but the combox is missing.
I think shipy said he didn't have the combox.

#29 ·
CSJH said:
scrounger said:
Shipy said:
I think shipy said he didn't have the combox.
No Nav, No combox, No SOS. build 14March2014

#31 ·
Cool. If that's so, what goodies can I add?

Thanks in advance

#33 ·
I'm angry that the car doesn't come standard with bluetooth audio streaming and album artwork. This link says it should! " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and that's how the link read when I looked when I factory ordered at the end of April.

My car has the combox so it seems BMW are disabling features. I have just called BMW UK to let them know that I'm not happy. They're going to look into it.

#34 ·
Wibbles said:
Shipy said:
Wibbles said:
You have to enable it in 2 places in the Bluetooth options menu - configure device IIRC
Where's the bluetooth options menu section?
Go to the telephone menu, go to the connected phone, highlight it & press the Option button on the idrive controller.
Thanks already done that it show music and phone icon but still not allowing to select in external devices. States not connected. I don't have the combox so I don't suppose it's possible.

#36 ·
Shipy said:
Odd thing is iphone thinks it playing music over bluetooth.
Yep, I've tried doing the same on a Feb 2014 build F20 (no combox), does exactly the same thing, just doesn't show as connected on the HU. Tantalizingly close! To be honest, I gave up at that point - interested to know if you manage to get further than I did though :)

#39 ·
Ooohhh.

I like that. May have to have that on too

#41 ·
#45 ·
CSJH said:
I'm angry that the car doesn't come standard with bluetooth audio streaming and album artwork. This link says it should! " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and that's how the link read when I looked when I factory ordered at the end of April.

My car has the combox so it seems BMW are disabling features. I have just called BMW UK to let them know that I'm not happy. They're going to look into it.
I would be interested in how you get on. It does say audio streaming, but doesnt mention album artwork.

I expected streaming without ebt and will be hacked off if it doesnt when my car arrives.

#46 ·
ASB1960 said:
CSJH said:

I would be interested in how you get on. It does say audio streaming, but doesnt mention album artwork.

I expected streaming without ebt and will be hacked off if it doesnt when my car arrives.
It says album artwork when you click on Bluetooth streaming.

#47 ·
ASB1960 said:
CSJH said:

If you haven't ordered EBT or pro nav you wont get Bluetooth streaming. Only hands free.

#48 ·
rusty13 said:
ASB1960 said:
CSJH said:

If you haven't ordered EBT or pro nav you wont get Bluetooth streaming. Only hands free.
That's not what the website says though. Therefore, I've complained to BMW customer services as the website is clearly incorrect. I relied on the website description when ordering the car and it's wrong!

It's not a huge deal it just bugs me when I spend 30k and they can't even get the standard features correct.

#49 ·
I agree with you, but you'll soon learn that spending time asking questions and double checking things on this forum is more worthwhile than the bmw website. I bet the website programmer drives an Audi.

The good news for you is that it looks like EBT can be coded on your car after delivery.

#50 ·
Hey all, just took delivery of a 116i sport and I also thought I'd have Bluetooth streaming as per the website! I have looked in the boot of the car and it has the combox all wired. There hasn't been much clarification on whether or not it can be coded or not. I live in Lancaster, would any kind soul care to help me out with seeing if it can be coded? Either beer or cash can be arranged if anyone lives nearby! :)

#51 ·
rusty13 said:
I agree with you, but you'll soon learn that spending time asking questions and double checking things on this forum is more worthwhile than the bmw website. I bet the website programmer drives an Audi.

The good news for you is that it looks like EBT can be coded on your car after delivery.
It may be more worthwhile but it misses the point. The fact is that they advertise via the website streaming as standard. If they then fail to provide that they are at best misleading.

if I cant stream on my car when it arrives I shall expect this resolving. Bmw can code it or whatever.

I suspect they will hide behind something but they should deliver what they promised. Quite simple really.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.