GAS SAFE REGISTERED ENGINEERS.

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Bumble
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

GAS SAFE REGISTERED ENGINEERS.

Post by Bumble » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:08 am

Any on the forum as I’m in need of advice.

Just removed an inset gas fire and bricked up the fireplace to free up the wall and stop all the heat escaping up the chimney.
The 15mm gas pipe runs down the dry lining and along behind the skirting board to where the fire was.
I’ve capped the end of the pipe with a conex compression end stop with jointing compound. As I intend to leave the pipe in situ can anyone tell me if what I have done meets the current Gas Safe Regulations.

Many thanks in advance.

dailydoggy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: GAS SAFE REGISTERED ENGINEERS.

Post by dailydoggy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:24 am

Pretty sure but not definite that the pipe if it's copper has to be crimped flat and the end soldered up and then tested for leaks if it is done by a corgi engineer....

When we deleted our gas insert the corgi geeser did it this way he removed the gas fire and sealed the pipe for 40 quid...
340BHP, manual shift ,£140 tax!!Got wood! :drive:

Bumble
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Bumble » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:54 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Found out today you cannot use a compression fitting in an inaccessible location so It will have to be capped using a soldered fitting.
Meter has to be removed to do this so not a DIY job.
Off to find a gas fitter 🚶🏼‍♂️

Np01
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Np01 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:38 pm

I needed a gas feed to hob disconnected the other week, looked online to see if it was possible and everywhere said a gas safe guy was needed so I booked one in. The guy came round several hours later , turned off the gas and stuck a cap on the end, then turned gas back on, no check or tests then stung me for £60 for a 2 minute job. Something I could’ve done myself
M135i Manual, mineral/oyster, MHD stage 1, carbon mirrors, MPE, full carbon trim, double slat grille, HK, pro Nav, Alcantara wheel, AC roof spoiler, on MPSS, Forge Motorsport Charge Pipe

Bumble
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Bumble » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:42 am

Done or what 😞

Bumble
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Bumble » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:45 pm

All done. Mates rates. Coffee and biscuits 🙂