Re: What makes a BMW M car - not the usual discussion

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: babybmwadmin, Producethis, marco_polo, Lambster, Rich196

OneTwenty
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Re: What makes a BMW M car - not the usual discussion

Post by OneTwenty »

I thought he was OK to be honest, added plenty to the forum and offered some good points/debate.

He did seem to over worry about things he didn't own or have control of, but then being someone who has suffered from OCD since age 13 (actual OCD, and not OCPD which people have when they like their cars to be clean/tidy!!) I can understand where he was coming from. I've spent most of my life worrying about things out of my control, and still do!! :D
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M | MST Intake

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise
docwra
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by docwra »

Always used to consider an M car as a street car with a race car engine. The original E28 M5 (and the E34 that was also handbuilt) had this in buckets but thats become less and less the case as time went on :(

As for the other bit there recently seems to be a lot more people that feel the need to weigh in on every subject, whether they actually have experience or not
Coupesilver was a good example of that, Ive found in the past they are much more likely to do a flounce when they are proven wrong as they dont come onto forums to learn, just to preach.
Nyxeris

Post by Nyxeris »

It is a shame the posts go too. Especially when the users were active on coding/DIY/retrofit threads :(
E81 130i | Thread
───────────────────────────
Click here for BabyBMW stickers!
Flash6289
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Flash6289 »

Nyxeris wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:43 pm It is a shame the posts go too. Especially when the users were active on coding/DIY/retrofit threads :(
Yeah, but that was probably the point - a parting shot.

I wonder whether the pandemic is making people take things much more seriously than is necessary...
Current: F21 M135i LCI, 3 door, Valencia Orange, Black leather, Manual
Previous: E87 116i SE
OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty »

Flash6289 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:08 pm
Nyxeris wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:43 pm It is a shame the posts go too. Especially when the users were active on coding/DIY/retrofit threads :(

I wonder whether the pandemic is making people take things much more seriously than is necessary...
I think it has affected people a lot, I’ve done lots of rethinking about my job, future, retirement etc. I haven’t worked much for 6 months as I’ve not been enjoying it so currently considering a change.

Others will be doing the same with jobs, cars, money, hobbies etc.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M | MST Intake

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise
Comingoutsideways
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Comingoutsideways »

OneTwenty wrote:
Flash6289 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:08 pm

I think it has affected people a lot, I’ve done lots of rethinking about my job, future, retirement etc. I haven’t worked much for 6 months as I’ve not been enjoying it so currently considering a change.

Others will be doing the same with jobs, cars, money, hobbies etc.
It certainly affected me did the 2nd lockdown. Been lucky enough to have been working throughout, but when that came I took a reply on here completely the wrong way and didn't come back for a few weeks. Best thing I did was talk about how I was feeling to family/friends, you may think it's not the 'guy thing' to do, but that's the point - just talk about it if something is getting you down, nobody will judge you for it and you will feel so much better.

Sent using Tapatalk

timbo999
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by timbo999 »

OneTwenty wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:11 pm
Isn’t the Yamaha logo 3 piano tuning forks together? :)
Yes it is... when I was sixteen (a few years ago now!) my Dad bought both my sister and me a Yamaha each. Hers was a flute, mine was an FS1E in Popsicle Purple... they cost much the same as each other. I rode bikes for another 20 years, my sister gave up the flute a short time later.
Octavius

Post by Octavius »

timbo999 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:40 pm
Yes it is... when I was sixteen (a few years ago now!) my Dad bought both my sister and me a Yamaha each. Hers was a flute, mine was an FS1E in Popsicle Purple... they cost much the same as each other. I rode bikes for another 20 years, my sister gave up the flute a short time later.
I hope you kept the Fizzy.
timbo999
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by timbo999 »

Octavius wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:43 pm
timbo999 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:40 pm
I hope you kept the Fizzy.
Sigh... I only wish I had, nice ones seem to be north of £4k now! Mine was £130 in 1975.
Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Double ^^^^ that figure. I’m on the hunt for one. Found a Honda SS50, five speed version, that I may purchase though.

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”