Self Service Car wash - WHERE ?

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

GeorgeCCole

Self Service Car wash - WHERE ?

Post by GeorgeCCole » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:38 am

I'm trying to find a self service car wash around the east side of London. The type where you can top up the machine and you can use the power jet and foam etc to wash the car yourself, ain't having no one touch my new baby.

Google is totally useless so maybe you people know a place or two :) as long as it's east side or even outside but east, is all good.

Cheers !

BMW F20 120D M Sport

RBS Bob
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Self Service Car wash - WHERE ?

Post by RBS Bob » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:51 am

Tesco Gallows Corner.
2015 135i F20 Auto Alpine White Red Leather. 1992 1.9 Peugeot 205 GTI. KTM Duke 2 640.

Menace
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Menace » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 pm

I can understand you not wanting anyone to touch your baby... re: washing however I can’t understand the attraction of a self service washer. The brushes that you use on those things are a magnet for all sorts of grit, stones and other nasty gubbins that will do all manner of damage to your paintwork. They get left on / drag along the floor, used on under carriages, etc. That is the last thing I’d want going near mine.

Just a thought... :wink:
65 plate F20 M135i / MG / auto / well spec’ed with: Eibach Pro's / F21 tension strut / black grilles, splitter, side blades & diffuser / full de-badge

michi
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by michi » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:27 pm

Menace wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 pm
I can understand you not wanting anyone to touch your baby... re: washing however I can’t understand the attraction of a self service washer. The brushes that you use on those things are a magnet for all sorts of grit, stones and other nasty gubbins that will do all manner of damage to your paintwork. They get left on / drag along the floor, used on under carriages, etc. That is the last thing I’d want going near mine.

+1 , if needs must I would just use the pressure jet

GeorgeCCole

Post by GeorgeCCole » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:34 am

Menace wrote:I can understand you not wanting anyone to touch your baby... re: washing however I can’t understand the attraction of a self service washer. The brushes that you use on those things are a magnet for all sorts of grit, stones and other nasty gubbins that will do all manner of damage to your paintwork. They get left on / drag along the floor, used on under carriages, etc. That is the last thing I’d want going near mine.

I wasn’t going to use the brushed, Jesus man what is going on here Image. I got my own stuff but I need the damn power jet since I live in a flat so I cant get one myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW F20 120D M Sport

Menace
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Menace » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:53 am

GeorgeCCole wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:34 am
Menace wrote:I can understand you not wanting anyone to touch your baby... re: washing however I can’t understand the attraction of a self service washer. The brushes that you use on those things are a magnet for all sorts of grit, stones and other nasty gubbins that will do all manner of damage to your paintwork. They get left on / drag along the floor, used on under carriages, etc. That is the last thing I’d want going near mine.

I wasn’t going to use the brushed, Jesus man what is going on here Image. I got my own stuff but I need the damn power jet since I live in a flat so I cant get one myself

then that now makes more sense
65 plate F20 M135i / MG / auto / well spec’ed with: Eibach Pro's / F21 tension strut / black grilles, splitter, side blades & diffuser / full de-badge

RBS Bob
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by RBS Bob » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:00 pm

At Gallows Corner there is a water tap over by the airline.

I have taken my own gear and done a 2 bucket wash many a time.

I would never use the brush either. Just the pressure washer with hot wash and deironised rinse or whatever it is called.
2015 135i F20 Auto Alpine White Red Leather. 1992 1.9 Peugeot 205 GTI. KTM Duke 2 640.

RickN55
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by RickN55 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:18 am

Menace wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 pm

Always makes me cringe when you see people at Jet Washes using the brush attachments on their paintwork 🙈 The brush alone is bad enough let alone all the crap on them from all the off roaders etc that have used it.
I sometimes use a Jet wash when away, But I purely use the pressure washer held at a self distance then shampoo it myself with my own mitt and bucket of shampoo then rinse off and dry 😁
Now - F21 2013 Alpine White M135i Auto (Sun protection package, Driver comfort package, Bum Warmers, Black Panel, HK, High Gloss shadowline Finish, M Performance grills, rear spoiler and fins)
Before - Focus ST Stage 1, Astra 1.8 SRi, Clio 1.2

Menace
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Menace » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:20 am

Aye nought wrong with using the jet wash feature - I use one on the drive by choice

GeorgeCCole

Post by GeorgeCCole » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:30 am

I mean don’t get me wrong but my old car has plenty tiny scratches from people not being careful in car washes.

Also, how are you sure that sponge is not used on 200 cars that week.

So I would much rather wash it myself.

BMW F20 120D M Sport

Menace
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Menace » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:00 pm

GeorgeCCole wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:30 am
I mean don’t get me wrong but my old car has plenty tiny scratches from people not being careful in car washes.

Also, how are you sure that sponge is not used on 200 cars that week.

So I would much rather wash it myself.

I don’t think anyone is recommending you use a car wash services. The best option (for huge majority) is to do it yourself.

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”