AVOID the A75 - Stranraer to M6

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Jeebs

AVOID the A75 - Stranraer to M6

Post by Jeebs » Mon May 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Word of warning for anyone planning travel to Ireland/N.Ireland......the A75 is full of massive gaping potholes and rough patches.

Drove the long journey down to the M6 having come from Belfast, my nerves were shot and my teeth are near ground down to stumps :shock:

That said.....the M6 wasn’t much better. First time driving those roads since Christmas and I’m shocked at the state of them. Road surface is like Joseph’s technicolour dream coat in parts!

ihadablackdog
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: AVOID the A75 - Stranraer to M6

Post by ihadablackdog » Mon May 07, 2018 6:52 pm

Think thats bad...you wanna try driving around North Devon....potholes everywhere, there isn't one stretch of road now that doesn't have a pothole or the top surface of the road is missing. Disgusting!

Saw on the news that in Cornwall it is being proposed to take 2p a litre of fuel duty (not sure if it was an additional 2p per litre, or get the government to give it from the current duty) to go towards a roads maintenance scheme.

The roads in this country are a joke!

nivens
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: AVOID the A75 - Stranraer to M6

Post by nivens » Mon May 07, 2018 7:12 pm

Any roads that seen seen a bit of snow this winter have been obliterated, I can think of a decent road surface anywhere near me. Seems to be a combination of long term underfunded maintenance and the very heavy salting they seemed to be doing this year.
2005 E87 130i

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”