Buying 160k mileage N52

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, babybmwadmin, Producethis

Giggs
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Buying 160k mileage N52

Post by Giggs » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:53 am

As the title says I'm looking at a very high mileage N52 and would never consider a car with this mileage, however I only hear and see good things about the N52 and for an E92 330i with all the options I could want for only £3.7k I think it's a bargain. Even if bits were to go wrong the other 330i's are £2k more so I have a big buffer for repairs and MODS!

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this and whether this is a good deal or I've gone completely insane?
2008 E87 116i N43 - Some Mods

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Buying 160k mileage N52

Post by marco_polo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:05 pm

I'd want a particularly long test drive from cold, but if the service history is extensive (particularly differential and gearbox), price is right, and it drives correctly, why not.

Fingers crossed it's all motorway mileage.

You're wise to save a few quid for repairs, waterpump is common in old age, wheel bearings, Diff bearings, dampers, bushes, etc.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Nyxeris
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Buying 160k mileage N52

Post by Nyxeris » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:21 pm

HVAs? Jury still seems to be out on whether the issue is anything more than an annoying noise though.

I'd be more worried about suspension/steering components - don't the early E90s (which it would be to have the N52) all have a rack that's prone to failing and taking the column with it? Not going to be quite as expensive to fix nowadays as you could probably source the post-TSB parts from a breakers but maybe something to look into.
E81 130i | Build Thread

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”