Quit my job - any interesting opportunities?

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, babybmwadmin, Producethis

McTrucky
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Quit my job - any interesting opportunities?

Post by McTrucky » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:12 pm

Hi,

I am a Project/Program manager, 20+ years experience on largely IT projects, but does include a year plus on GDPR and Data protection (in a global role) and also some merger/acquisition taking over a European business. Worked in Travel for last 5 years, previously was engineering and manufacturing (including automotive and racing).

I have quit as I am kind of fed up with same old same old and looking for something new. Could be IT project management, might be something operational, needs to be an interesting and exciting environment.

Just throwing it out there - anyone got some interesting opportunities coming up? I currently live in Leatherhead Surrey, but would consider re-location to anywhere.

Thanks
Alan
M140i Auto; Met Grey with Black Interior; MPower LSD; Bilstein B12; Underbody Brace; Lots of bells and whistles; Shinier than a new pin since I caught the cleaning bug... Give it a month...

Ezzra
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Quit my job - any interesting opportunities?

Post by Ezzra » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:25 pm

Why not chuck a CV on the various on line sites and see what comes up? Seems to me you'll appeal to a broad church of employers. Also, given your location, I dont see any problem with you sourcing a position that fills your requirements.

Good luck.
"You cannot sedate, all that you hate".

McTrucky
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by McTrucky » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:17 pm

Thanks Ezzra,

Yes will follow conventional route in a month or two (want some down time first), but you never know, maybe someone is looking for a petrol head to go into business with. Looking for something stimulating, probably racing related. Probably not F1, prefer lower budget, everyone counts sort of engagement. I worked with Tyrrell in the early 90s which was great, and with McLaren in the early 2010s, and there were more peeps in the IT department in McLaren than in the whole of Tyrrell. Times change.
M140i Auto; Met Grey with Black Interior; MPower LSD; Bilstein B12; Underbody Brace; Lots of bells and whistles; Shinier than a new pin since I caught the cleaning bug... Give it a month...

Mr Whippy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Mr Whippy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:04 pm

If you genuinely want to be employed in motorsports at a level fitting your experience level, you’ll either need to travel a lot or live near Silverstone and that general area, or both.

All the good jobs seem to be around there, or are ‘travelling’ type jobs consulting/pitching around the world.
130i LE - exhaust flap mod - ssk & bmwp & M3 gbox mounts - bmwp handbrake - bmwp steering surround - camber pin mod - cdv delete - koni SA & bmwp front bump & koni rear bump

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”