Garage Kit out

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, babybmwadmin, Producethis

MaxM140i
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Garage Kit out

Post by MaxM140i » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:22 am

robsaboy wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:16 pm
MaxM140i wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:03 pm
Nyxeris wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:25 pm
As you mentioned it hasn't been built yet... If they're pouring a concrete slab for the base you could ask the contractors if they'd be happy to place a telescopic post in front of the door, ground anchor for the bike etc. - saves you drilling in later and will help keep the local scrotes at bay.

I'd also ask about a couple of ethernet drops from the garage to wherever you're planning to have your base the house's network equipment. Even if they just installed conduit you can buy the cable in bulk to pull & terminate yourself later. Would give you the ability to install PoE CCTV cameras with much less faff.
Its a great point but its a new build on a development, new builds are almost impossible to get them to build outside of their build instructions. Although adding ports is a good idea. I would love to have the telescopic post but i just don't think they'll budge :(
Cash is king here or crates of beer :) groundworkers installed my Marshalls bollard no problem..
You're right. i#ll 100% give it a go but have struggled before in new builds. You are quite dis-jointed from the construction so you have no idea when they will be pouring

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”