The gaming thread!

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: The gaming thread!

Post by Sonic1506 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:52 am

Twenny wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:05 pm
The problem with these bloody loot boxes, coins, tokens etc, there is obviously lots of money to be made as the gullible public buy into these bloody things. I blame games like Candy Crush etc where you can buy your way out of a difficult game or pay for more lives. I can’t remember the revenue generated but it was millions. So annoying and I flatly refuse to buy a single coin, box, token. F**k them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I disagree with gullible public. More like people who don't want to put the effort into the game and want a quick/easy way to get the unlockables/play the game. EA have said you can unlock all characters through normal playing OR you can buy them (simple version, can't be bothered to get into it completely as we all know or should know the situation).

Take NFS Payback for example, you can either play the game and unlock stuff/make money OR you can buy points with real money to then spend on loot boxes to unlock cash/parts/items but they also lock specific parts behind loot boxes which IMO is wrong.

Forza 7 does something similar as well to NFS Payback. Certain cars are locked behind lootbox paywalls.

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:02 am

Sonic1506 wrote:
Twenny wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:05 pm
The problem with these bloody loot boxes, coins, tokens etc, there is obviously lots of money to be made as the gullible public buy into these bloody things. I blame games like Candy Crush etc where you can buy your way out of a difficult game or pay for more lives. I can’t remember the revenue generated but it was millions. So annoying and I flatly refuse to buy a single coin, box, token. F**k them all.

I disagree with gullible public. More like people who don't want to put the effort into the game and want a quick/easy way to get the unlockables/play the game. EA have said you can unlock all characters through normal playing OR you can buy them (simple version, can't be bothered to get into it completely as we all know or should know the situation).

Take NFS Payback for example, you can either play the game and unlock stuff/make money OR you can buy points with real money to then spend on loot boxes to unlock cash/parts/items but they also lock specific parts behind loot boxes which IMO is wrong.

Forza 7 does something similar as well to NFS Payback. Certain cars are locked behind lootbox paywalls.
Hmm yeah I guess gullible wasn’t the correct adjective to describe my point. Lazy works better.

2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+Strut+intake+skirts+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-M135i front brakes-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 am

Twenny wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:02 am
Hmm yeah I guess gullible wasn’t the correct adjective to describe my point. Lazy works better.

Games over the years have gotten a lot easier and micro transactions have been getting more and more common.

Have you seen the backlash with EA and their lootboxes? Gamers voted with their wallets (sales of BF2 are down 50% compared to BF1), voiced their annoyance with it and EA have backtracked for now. They have also had pressure from Lucasarts/Disney as well!.

HOWEVER they didn't outright say the micro transactions are gone forever. They've just made them less intrusive and/or removed them for now. EA also changed the level/rate at which characters unlocked. To further add fuel to the fire, EA has put a limit on how many coins you can earn within a session with a cooldown timer. Boogie2988 was playing and then got a message from EA in game stating that he needs to stop playing for a while (I believe it was 3 hours) before he can earn more coins. Another gamer got the same thing but a different period of time (I believe it was 17 hours!).

IMHO cooldowns and micro transactions have NO place in console gaming, that should stick to mobile gaming, not a £50/£60 triple A title! If I want to play a game for 5/6/7 hours to grind and get in-game currency, why should the game turn around a say, you've played enough for now, come back later after x amount of time before you can earn in-game currency again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... in_arcade/

I personally won't be getting Battelfront 2 until it's on sale, given the experience of the first one being half a game and having a bare bones SP mode (if you can even call it that), plus all of the controversy with BF2.

Another game ruined by a money hungry publisher/dev team and I for one am glad that the general gaming population has lost their sh*t with EA and complaining as well as voting with their wallets by not getting the game.
Last edited by Sonic1506 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

NARD
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by NARD » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:47 am

I finished with it in less than a week! Campaign was O.K. but ended poorly. Multiplyer is just tedious. More like training for a marathon with respawns parsecs away from the action. CQB maps are just bonkers - die/respawn repeat. Worst thing is that hero pickups are gone replaced by battlepoints which need to be earned to get a hero. So your only gameplay choice is trying to be the hightest scoring player to get the op heroes first. I'm just not that good - like 80% of the player base I'm guessing. So the top 20% of players get even more of an advantage. I'm done with it! Rant over - :lol: :starwars:
Last edited by NARD on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oliver

Post by oliver » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:59 pm

Battlefront 2 is sh*te. Battlefield 1 is sh*te.

I played Battlefront 2 for 5 minutes and turned it off.

You just literally shoot lasers down corridors at each other. Peow! Peow! Peow! So lame.

I can just about tolerate BF1 for a few minutes if my friends are playing.

The only games worth playing at the moment are Fortnite Battle Royale (excellent with a squad) and PUBG.

Fortnite is crazy addictive and you get a serious adrenaline rush when you're in the last stages of the battle. Had some awesome times with Fortnite! It's actually refreshing to play a game that's genuinely enjoyable.

chrismeasor

Post by chrismeasor » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:42 pm

Anyone currently playing F1 2017?

What a game, better online apart from someone wiping you out of the race on the first corner with damage on full.
:evil: :evil: F20 M135i :twisted: :twisted:

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:54 am

chrismeasor wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:42 pm
Anyone currently playing F1 2017?

What a game, better online apart from someone wiping you out of the race on the first corner with damage on full.
Yes, absolutely love it, really good.

Just bought a Logitech G920 as well which has taken it to another level, especially on Monaco etc. :)
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

JonB
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by JonB » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:52 am

oliver wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:59 pm
Battlefront 2 is sh*te. Battlefield 1 is sh*te.

I played Battlefront 2 for 5 minutes and turned it off.

You just literally shoot lasers down corridors at each other. Peow! Peow! Peow! So lame.

I can just about tolerate BF1 for a few minutes if my friends are playing.

The only games worth playing at the moment are Fortnite Battle Royale (excellent with a squad) and PUBG.

Fortnite is crazy addictive and you get a serious adrenaline rush when you're in the last stages of the battle. Had some awesome times with Fortnite! It's actually refreshing to play a game that's genuinely enjoyable.
Totally 100% agree, Battlefront 1 was cr4p, I only bought it because I love Star Wars, but the game felt like a beta, there's literally nothing in it! Battlefield 1, again, zero interest in these games with the in game micro transactions and the fact that if you're a late game adopter, everyone is running around with insane weapons with every available add on.

Like you, it's just PUBE-G for me at the moment, with a bit of GTA V and Civ 6 on the side. Not tried Fortnite yet, might get it, hopefully it runs better than PUBE though, which is perhaps the worst optimised game I've ever encountered! It should run in ULTRA on everything on my machine, but the frame drops are just ridiculous in certain areas. Going from 160+fps down to 80ish is just about acceptable!
BMW 140i // 5 door // Mineral Grey // Auto // Comfort pack // folding mirrors // privacy glass // heated seats
supercharged Clio 172 track car (349bhp), Renault Megane 225 Lux, Clio Williams 1

Stegosaurus
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Stegosaurus » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:00 pm

That's what's putting me off from PUBG, the optimisation is down right awful! But instead of fixing these issues, the dev's are releasing new maps etc =/

So I'm sticking to my modded GTA V/LSPDFR, Euro Truck Sim 2, Company of Heroes 2 and Car Mechanic Sim :)
Message me if you want your car photoshopped :)
Current: 2017 M140i F20 in Estoril Blue 'Lydia'
2 laps of the Nurburgring completed, 160mph achieved (autobahn)

Gone: F20 118d M Sport in Estoril Blue 'Bex'

JonB
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by JonB » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:26 pm

There's pretty much zero optimisation, which is annoying when I load up GTA and it looks vastly superior, there's a load more going on yet I'm still getting well over 100fps minimum with all the settings maxed out. On PUBE I'm running it with everything very low except for textures and AA in Ultra. Generally doesn't drop below 90 now, but I should be able to run it in ultra at 1080.
BMW 140i // 5 door // Mineral Grey // Auto // Comfort pack // folding mirrors // privacy glass // heated seats
supercharged Clio 172 track car (349bhp), Renault Megane 225 Lux, Clio Williams 1

Stegosaurus
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Stegosaurus » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:08 am

JonB wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:26 pm
There's pretty much zero optimisation, which is annoying when I load up GTA and it looks vastly superior, there's a load more going on yet I'm still getting well over 100fps minimum with all the settings maxed out. On PUBE I'm running it with everything very low except for textures and AA in Ultra. Generally doesn't drop below 90 now, but I should be able to run it in ultra at 1080.
It's a bit of a joke really. I can see it going the same way as DayZ - Lots of activity from the community and devs for a year/18 months, then it'll be abandoned. It's a shame, as it could be a really good game, but it's stumbled out of the blocks so to speak.
Message me if you want your car photoshopped :)
Current: 2017 M140i F20 in Estoril Blue 'Lydia'
2 laps of the Nurburgring completed, 160mph achieved (autobahn)

Gone: F20 118d M Sport in Estoril Blue 'Bex'

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:49 am

Bought an Xbox One X and I haven't even had time to unbox it yet :lol: :lol:.

oliver

Post by oliver » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:19 pm

Lol you guys talking about dropping to 80 FPS whereas PUBG on console is struggling to achieve 30fps! 80fps would be a dream for us console peasants ;)

I’ve been playing PUBG on Xbox and yeah it’s funny but blimey the framerate is shocking. Apparently it’s not much better on Xbox one X so I’ll leave it a while before I get one. I just can’t get into gaming on my PC.

I do recommend fortnite it’s free and a good laugh, runs pretty seamlessly. Much quicker paced than PUBG and you can be creative when building fortresses etc.

InfernalBadger
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by InfernalBadger » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:18 am

oliver wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:19 pm
I just can’t get into gaming on my PC.
Yeah, those decent controls are just so annoying :D

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:08 pm

Does anyone have Agents of Mayhem and could drop their thoughts? Or played it and can drop their thoughts?

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”