Brake fluid change issue

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196, Producethis, marco_polo

G90
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Brake fluid change issue

Post by G90 »

Someone correct me if wrong but is it not inside then outside?
Current: F20 M140i Sunset Orange(Manual)
Previous 1er's: F20 120d Estoril Blue 2--E87 120d Sapphire Black
Shagga_P
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Shagga_P »

This is one of those situations where you’re probably right but it’s not worth dying in a ditch over.

You could argue further and take it to bmw head office etc but as the saying goes ‘the juice isn’t worth the squeeze’. Especially given they firmly state they’ve done it.

I think the best option is do them yourself if you’re concerned about the fluid in there, or just forget about it.

I’d probably just email the dealer and tell them ‘thank you for looking into it and confirming the inners were bled. My apologies if I caused any inconvenience, I’m just a very fastidious owner and wanted to be sure a critical system like the brakes was fully serviced.’

That way you’ll retain some goodwill with the dealer (I’m assuming you intend to go there again in future).

Because to take it further means calling them out as straight up liars... they generally don’t like that (even if it’s true).
Dizeee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Dizeee »

For me its the lying / covering up that is worse than the fact they haven't been done as described.
BW Custom ECU & ZF8 Tune - 430bhp - 630NM

"Understand the inertia of moving mass and adjust inputs accordingly, with hardware in mind. Anything is possible"
NL-Mike
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by NL-Mike »

G90 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:25 am Someone correct me if wrong but is it not inside then outside?
Obviously can depend on vehicle but I generally it is starting at the caliper furthest from the master cylinder to nearest which would be outside first and then inside.
Shagga_P wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:39 am This is one of those situations where you’re probably right but it’s not worth dying in a ditch over.

You could argue further and take it to bmw head office etc but as the saying goes ‘the juice isn’t worth the squeeze’. Especially given they firmly state they’ve done it.

I think the best option is do them yourself if you’re concerned about the fluid in there, or just forget about it.

I’d probably just email the dealer and tell them ‘thank you for looking into it and confirming the inners were bled. My apologies if I caused any inconvenience, I’m just a very fastidious owner and wanted to be sure a critical system like the brakes was fully serviced.’

That way you’ll retain some goodwill with the dealer (I’m assuming you intend to go there again in future).

Because to take it further means calling them out as straight up liars... they generally don’t like that (even if it’s true).
I think you're right. The main thing is that I don't agree with the way they've treated me (man up, you snowflake!), it'll quickly turn into something that has nothing to do with the brake fluid service.

So the conclusion is that someone missed a couple of lessons in 'how to properly address customers via email' and I have way too much time on my hands due to Covid!

Altough it would be fun to just keep poking, get a second opinion, fluid test of the fluid in the inside of the caliper.. Just for lolz?
G90

Post by G90 »

It's always confused me with fixed calipers. Don't have much hands on experience with them on cars, whereas bikes... so easy.
Current: F20 M140i Sunset Orange(Manual)
Previous 1er's: F20 120d Estoril Blue 2--E87 120d Sapphire Black

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”