M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 8519
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

Re: M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

Post by Blind Pugh » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:42 pm

Mr K

I did an oem upgrade on my car - read this thread

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=83937&hilit=Mpbbk

If you search Mpbbk in my name you will see posts ranging from 340/345 slotted/dimpled disc to corvette ceramic discs setup on an m235i - way cheaper than m4 CCB
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 794
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

Post by git-r2 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:27 pm

GaSs_ZA wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:56 pm
How do the M4 pads compare to the stock pads ? Nice upgrade?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found the stock pads fine but just changed to the M4 ones. Obviously I haven't noticed a difference driving I London traffic but will report back after some laps of the ring :) :) :)
'13 M135i standard.. and will remain so.. I promise... really.. will not modify... or abuse on track..
'91 R32 GTR... basically standard and unmolested... 497 @ rear hubs... never raced nor rallied : https://youtu.be/jhsX0elVG2k
+ some dullness

emz
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:49 pm
Location: London

Re: M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

Post by emz » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:38 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:23 am
No, re-use your new OEM sensor, it will just clip in and out of one front pad (NSF inner, iirc).
Thanks Marco, will keep in this mind for future reference as the M4 Pads I was after are not available :cry: . Shame as it would have coupled nicely with the used discs as well as they were both broken in.

Has anyone with M4 Pads noticed a howling noise? Matt (who I was going to buy them from) said it can be annoying/distracting. Anyone else had this experience?
F20N 67' M140i Shadow Edition MG / Oyster / Pro / HK / Auto / Adaptive / F&R PDC / Folding Mirrors / Sunroof / Electric Seats + Lumbar / Orbit Grey 436M

MPE + Carbon Tips / MP Ventilated Discs / MP Pedals / F21 Underbody V-Brace / Maxton Splitter

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 50797
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

Post by marco_polo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:43 pm

The M4 pads can squeal if used lightly around town, but you can always clean the glazing off with a thorough re-bedding
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

emz
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:49 pm
Location: London

Re: M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

Post by emz » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:30 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:43 pm
The M4 pads can squeal if used lightly around town, but you can always clean the glazing off with a thorough re-bedding
Ok got it. Just need to keep an eye out for them now otherwise I'll just stick with OEM's.

Cheers.
F20N 67' M140i Shadow Edition MG / Oyster / Pro / HK / Auto / Adaptive / F&R PDC / Folding Mirrors / Sunroof / Electric Seats + Lumbar / Orbit Grey 436M

MPE + Carbon Tips / MP Ventilated Discs / MP Pedals / F21 Underbody V-Brace / Maxton Splitter

User avatar
RDowson
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:29 pm
Contact:

Re: M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

Post by RDowson » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:03 pm

rusty13 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:08 pm
Johnnyo wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:27 pm
Cheers - just requested to join
I’m the owner of the FB group - PM me your name and I’ll make sure to approve you (we get hundreds of spam requests).
Can you approve me for the group please? I don't seem to be able to access it. Thanks

User avatar
rusty13
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 3833
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Re: M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

Post by rusty13 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:22 am

RDowson wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:03 pm
rusty13 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:08 pm
Johnnyo wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:27 pm
Cheers - just requested to join
I’m the owner of the FB group - PM me your name and I’ll make sure to approve you (we get hundreds of spam requests).
Can you approve me for the group please? I don't seem to be able to access it. Thanks
I can’t see you in the waiting to join list, check you have applied to the right group. BMW M135i M140i M235i M240i UK
M135i Estoril Blue - 5 Door - Manual
Image

User avatar
RDowson
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:29 pm
Contact:

Re: M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

Post by RDowson » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:24 am

rusty13 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:22 am
RDowson wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:03 pm
rusty13 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:08 pm


I’m the owner of the FB group - PM me your name and I’ll make sure to approve you (we get hundreds of spam requests).
Can you approve me for the group please? I don't seem to be able to access it. Thanks
I can’t see you in the waiting to join list, check you have applied to the right group. BMW M135i M140i M235i M240i UK
Check the block list. Someone may have taken offence to me telling someone that their price was cheaper at another dealership! lol

Jonnybravo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:32 am

Re: M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

Post by Jonnybravo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:37 am

That group is run by c*nts
M140i SE: BBS CH-R Wheels, KW V2 coilovers, M4 LCA + TS, subframe inserts, BMW LSD, JB4 + FF & EWG wires, BMS meth kit, 3.5" exhaust + decat, Maxton splitter, side blades, M foils, carbon spoiler, carbon500 alcantara steering & M2 paddles

User avatar
RDowson
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:29 pm
Contact:

Re: M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

Post by RDowson » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:40 am

Jonnybravo wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:37 am
That group is run by c*nts
It does seem that if you mention any other dealership than Harry Fairbairn (Arnold Clark (Arnold Shark!)) they take an immediate dislike to you!

I think it's only fair that if you find somewhere else selling the same thing for less that you let people know. I'd certainly hope that someone would do that for me.

User avatar
rusty13
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 3833
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Re: M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

Post by rusty13 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:44 am

Jonnybravo wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:37 am
That group is run by c*nts
Thanks. We love you too. How mature!
M135i Estoril Blue - 5 Door - Manual
Image

User avatar
rusty13
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 3833
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Re: M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

Post by rusty13 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:45 am

RDowson wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:40 am
Jonnybravo wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:37 am
That group is run by c*nts
It does seem that if you mention any other dealership than Harry Fairbairn (Arnold Clark (Arnold Shark!)) they take an immediate dislike to you!

I think it's only fair that if you find somewhere else selling the same thing for less that you let people know. I'd certainly hope that someone would do that for me.
Not true. You’re not blocked and not on the member or waiting to be approved list either. Harry Fairbairn is the forum sponsor for parts. If you can get something cheaper elsewhere we don’t delete those posts, stuart just normally matches them.
M135i Estoril Blue - 5 Door - Manual
Image

User avatar
RDowson
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:29 pm
Contact:

Re: M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

Post by RDowson » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:04 am

rusty13 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:45 am
RDowson wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:40 am
Jonnybravo wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:37 am
That group is run by c*nts
It does seem that if you mention any other dealership than Harry Fairbairn (Arnold Clark (Arnold Shark!)) they take an immediate dislike to you!

I think it's only fair that if you find somewhere else selling the same thing for less that you let people know. I'd certainly hope that someone would do that for me.
Not true. You’re not blocked and not on the member or waiting to be approved list either. Harry Fairbairn is the forum sponsor for parts. If you can get something cheaper elsewhere we don’t delete those posts, stuart just normally matches them.
Might be worth checking again as I certainly can’t view or access the page.

Jonnybravo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:32 am

Re: M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

Post by Jonnybravo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:45 pm

rusty13 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:44 am
Jonnybravo wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:37 am
That group is run by c*nts
Thanks. We love you too. How mature!
Not as much as you love apples :band:
M140i SE: BBS CH-R Wheels, KW V2 coilovers, M4 LCA + TS, subframe inserts, BMW LSD, JB4 + FF & EWG wires, BMS meth kit, 3.5" exhaust + decat, Maxton splitter, side blades, M foils, carbon spoiler, carbon500 alcantara steering & M2 paddles

racey1979
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:53 am

Re: M4 Pads on M140i - Straight Swap?

Post by racey1979 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Anyone know if the M4 pads solves the awful front brake clunking problem when performing low speed forward/reverse manoeuvres? Mines terrible now, only done 6k...BMW say it will bed in.......errr, no its got gradually worse. Then I got the old "its a characteristic" b0ll0x.....What? Loud clunking on a brand new 40k car ?????....I would say design fault mate.

Post Reply

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”