Where do you go from a Baby M?

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

rm1
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Where do you go from a Baby M?

Post by rm1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:54 pm

The problem is that all the other cars BMW make are too big, they may be faster more comfy better built etc but for most english roads they are just too large hence why the 1/2 series are so difficult to move on from.

MrMalone
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by MrMalone » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Shadak wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:38 am
Im not sure to be honest. Some quirks aside, M140 feels so good for the money.
Anything quicker will be either too stiff or too expensive. Was looking at Jaguar XE-S but speed wise its similar and I read a lot about interior quality, rattles, etc.
MrMalone wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:32 am
Not sure what’s there at your budget - but we went from the M-Lite into a 340i Touring (with the M Performance Power/Sound Kit) and we love it. Still got that lovely 6-pot engine but with so much more space and refined ride. Plus 370bhp more than keeps pace and surprises when you want it to!
340i is something I considered, whats it like in the corners? Saw a video of Power and Sound kit and it sounded amazing.
Obviously it’s not as good in the corners as the M-Lite, being bigger and heavier, but we have Adaptive Suspension and in Sport mode, it feels more than planted enough.
I watched video after video of the Power/Sound Kit and they do not in any way do it justice!!
When we picked the car up (Power/Sound Kit fitted from new), the dealer said when they moved it into the collection bay, everyone turned and wondered what the noise was and it blew away the sound of the M4 put in the bay before ours!! :D
Current: 340i Touring Shadow Edition + MPPSK.
Previous (noteable!!): Honda Integra Type R DC2, Mitsi Evo 4, Smart ForFour Brabus, F20 125i, M135i

kylemacca01
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by kylemacca01 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:25 pm

rm1 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:54 pm
The problem is that all the other cars BMW make are too big, they may be faster more comfy better built etc but for most english roads they are just too large hence why the 1/2 series are so difficult to move on from.
Nothing up to and including the 5 series is too big at all.

ScoobyChris
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by ScoobyChris » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:55 pm

rm1 wrote:
This is where I'm at - I want a small well built RWD family car with a big engine. Looks like I'll be holding on to the M-lite for the forseeable :mrgreen:

Chris

NOS
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by NOS » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:39 pm

I put a deposit on a 4.3 Vantage coupe today, collecting on my 50th b’day in 2 weeks. Always wanted one and decided to go for it, despite the M235i still only having 7k on the clock (16 plate). I’m chuffed about the AMV8 but equally gutted about the M-lite as it’s been a great car (definite improvement over my old M135i), so I’ll be sad to see it go.

If anyone is looking for a M235i, please let me know. I’m talking to my BMW dealer about taking it back but I’d like it to go to a good home. Car still smells / drives like new.
Gone..... M235i auto - AW/ Coral / adaptive / pro nav / HK / sun pack / comfort pack / butt warmers

Samp4856
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Samp4856 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:50 am

The only thing i can see myself going for is something like an f-type, i was thinking about getting one when i got the m2, but i thought to myself at 24 the f-type wasnt really the car to get, however my new mlite is due ti arrive at the dealers this week.
M140 Shadow edition manual lots of goodies! :spotman:

gavp
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by gavp » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:50 pm

A110 tempting anyone other than me?
2016 GS M135i - F21 Auto - here
2013 GS M135i - F21 Auto - Sold
E46 M3
KTM 950 Adventure
Aprilia RSV1000

markm240i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by markm240i » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:53 pm

gavp wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:50 pm
A110 tempting anyone other than me?
Don't like the front end - those addition lights are horrible. Sounds great to drive though.

I reckon it will end up costing more than £50k when it get's to the UK.
Current - M240i 8AT
Previous - Audi S3 DSG, Porsche Boxster S 981 PDK, Porsche Cayman S, Audi TTRS, Porsche Boxster S 987
Mercedes SLK 350, BMW E46 M3, BMW Z4 3.0, Honda S2000, Honda Civic Type R, Peugeot 309 GTI

AJRFulton
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by AJRFulton » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:43 am

The A110 is 'nearly' a nice looking car. As it stands its a bit of a mish-mash of nice looking sections that don't really work as a whole. It may grow on me with time.

I still don't know what to do car wise, I change my mind more often than my pants. I think it is a compliment to the M135i that it is a hard car to replace. 3 and a bit years in, and I can't see anything I'd rather have - when balanced against the price of having it.

Q7's have very attractive lease prices, but Audi's options list makes those prices silly by the time you add on 2 or 3 things you want. Also been looking at M2's.
'14 M135i Auto

rydale13
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by rydale13 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:43 am

I saw a beautiful 2014 RS4 pull up next to me at a petrol station the other week.

Was beautiful and in mint condition. There and then decided I'd love to find one / test drive.

The auto trader app has been the highlight of my weekend as has man maths scribbled on the arse of envelopes.

Can't quite stomach the 15 mpg average reported mpg on Fuelly, though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OneTwenty
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by OneTwenty » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:02 am

kylemacca01 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:25 pm
rm1 wrote:
Nothing up to and including the 5 series is too big at all.
+1

My E91 is no bigger in any way than my 240, interior, boot space etc, they are even similar in length when parked next to each other. In fact I've always found our 3 series smaller than it should be in general so would consider a 5 series as a replacement for that.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

SkyJawa
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by SkyJawa » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:10 am

I’m thinking of moving on my M140 early, though I really don’t want to. I have an old rib injury and I’ve started to notice the pain flares up after any longish journey, even with the adaptive sus in comfort.

I’ve quite a picky wish list if I did, needs to have a bit of poke so in the 6s 0-60, but with a comfy ride, as hatchback sized as possible and heated steering wheel. There actually aren’t many cars that offer that as generally speed comes with sport suspension.

At the moment the only 2 cars I can find to tick all the boxes are the new Volvo XC40 and the VW Tiguan SEL Bi-Turbo.

Jahjaman
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Jahjaman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:58 pm

SkyJawa wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:10 am
At the moment the only 2 cars I can find to tick all the boxes are the new Volvo XC40 and the VW Tiguan SEL Bi-Turbo.
That Tiguan looks great on paper. Also in real life. I just don't know if I could ever buy a VW. Mechanic friend of mine truly believes they are made to die after 3 years.
Aussie M140i 5 door
Quaife LSD - Eibach Pro springs - SuperPro camber bushes - BCS cat back (boost flap deleted - electric actuator flap retrofitted)

BMW M Lite Owners Group AU & NZ
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248993522276877/

SkyJawa
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by SkyJawa » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:16 pm

I know what you’re saying we had a mk5 golf which made us doubt we’d ever buy a vw again, for both the car and the dealers!

That said this time round I’d probably look at a 2 or 3 year lease so it wouldn’t really matter. We checked out the old Tiguan when shopping for the wife’s car but felt it claustrophobic for the size, but not been and looked at the new one.

Waiting for some dealers to get an XC40 to go and look at but they don’t start being delivered until May so a long wait on that, it’s the fav of the 2 though as at least it would be Petrol, don’t really want to go back to a soot chugger!

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:08 pm

SkyJawa wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:16 pm
I know what you’re saying we had a mk5 golf which made us doubt we’d ever buy a vw again, for both the car and the dealers!

That said this time round I’d probably look at a 2 or 3 year lease so it wouldn’t really matter. We checked out the old Tiguan when shopping for the wife’s car but felt it claustrophobic for the size, but not been and looked at the new one.

Waiting for some dealers to get an XC40 to go and look at but they don’t start being delivered until May so a long wait on that, it’s the fav of the 2 though as at least it would be Petrol, don’t really want to go back to a soot chugger!
How about the new X2?

I'm liking the look of that so far, and have my name down for a test drive when it comes out in Feb or whenever it is.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”