M Performance exhaust

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

balders

M Performance exhaust

Post by balders » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:38 pm

Hopefully my Alfa Romeo GTV V6 will be sold which paves the way for me to buy a M135i. I'm looking at the various options at the moment, it still annoys me the standard spec is so poor for a £35k new car.

But anyhows i will be doing about 15k miles per year commuting mainly motorway and fast ish A roads. I love the sound of the m Performance exhaust on idle, but concerned it could drone on the Motorway and be annoying to drive 40 miles to work!

Does anyone have any experiences of them?

Thanks

Alex

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: M Performance exhaust

Post by marco_polo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:56 pm

The M135i MPE is valved, so won't drone on the motorway. They're not actually much louder on the inside (5%?), but the note is deeper.

Remus also make a similar system which retains the standard electronic valve system.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

balders

Post by balders » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:17 pm

marco_polo wrote:The M135i MPE is valved, so won't drone on the motorway. They're not actually much louder on the inside (5%?), but the note is deeper.

Remus also make a similar system which retains the standard electronic valve system.
It sound louder outside from the YouTube videos I've seen!

But good to know it'll turn heads as I barrel past but not deafen me inside the cabin!

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

frazzle
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by frazzle » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:25 pm

I'm about 20 miles in to my new MPE on my M135. Initial thoughts:

- much louder on start up
- very little difference from inside the car once you are on the move
- in comfort its no real difference
- in sport it loves to crackle at every opportunity
- no drone whatsoever
- windows down it does seem to have a harder and grittier note which i like
- and yes, my exhaust also sits further out than I'd like, but I think were it to have the carbon tips it would be fine - going from the smoked standard finish to chrome on a grey car is a bit of a shock!

I expect it to get a bit livelier as I put more miles on it and I'm hoping it gets a bit bassier from inside the cabin.
65 - Mineral Grey Auto 5dr M135i
14 - Gone: Estoril Auto 5dr M135i.

mctga
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by mctga » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:34 pm

The MPE certainly improves with miles, mine was quiet to begin with but after 1k miles it was quite a bit louder inside the car and after 13k sounds terrific. Just the right volume to my ears. I do drive around with the parcel shelf out though to let a bit more volume in.

I’m terms of motorway driving, with the M135 MPE which has the valve, Comfort mode has no noticeable drone. Sport at motorway speeds has a bit of drone but I don’t find it a problem personally.

I’m about to swap into a new car though and I will be advertising the MPE on here in the next couple of weeks.
LBB M2 6MT

Gone:
Estoril Blue F20 M135i 6MT
E87 120i

AciidSn3ak3r

Post by AciidSn3ak3r » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:31 pm

mctga wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:34 pm

I’m about to swap into a new car though and I will be advertising the MPE on here in the next couple of weeks.
FYI I'm interested in one depending on location and price :)

jpd14383
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by jpd14383 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:12 pm

mctga wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:34 pm
The MPE certainly improves with miles, mine was quiet to begin with but after 1k miles it was quite a bit louder inside the car and after 13k sounds terrific. Just the right volume to my ears. I do drive around with the parcel shelf out though to let a bit more volume in.

I’m terms of motorway driving, with the M135 MPE which has the valve, Comfort mode has no noticeable drone. Sport at motorway speeds has a bit of drone but I don’t find it a problem personally.

Drop me a message when you do, I’m on the verge of buying one so will hang on to see what you do with yours!

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”