Body coloured Maxton front and rear side splitters - can’t decide - need opinions/help lol

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Macfife
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Body coloured Maxton front and rear side splitters - can’t decide - need opinions/help lol

Post by Macfife » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:19 am

Folks, need opinions and cannot decide whether to do the front and rear side Maxton splitters in red or black. Sitting in my garage until I decide.Image

My BMW m performance side skirts are body colour as works nicely with the side decals.

Thoughts were by keeping red then it is consistent but will it look daft as too much? Black will it work also?

Dilemma Image

Any pics or thoughts welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M140i Shadow Edition Melbourne Red, mperformance side skirts and rear spoiler, Maxton front and rear side splitters, MPE, Gloss Black Mirrors and Fins

Pep675cc
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Body coloured Maxton front and rear side splitters - can’t decide - need opinions/help lol

Post by Pep675cc » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:25 am

I'd go black as you have a theme with grills and wheels. I've kept mine black on red as like the contrast.
M140i Melbourne Red, driver comfort pack, heated seats, PDC rear, sport auto box,Harmon Kardon Hi-Fi, black kidney grills, black mirrors, black fins
420d Msport convertible with all the goodies for those sunny days 8)

Achinbones2812

Re: Body coloured Maxton front and rear side splitters - can’t decide - need opinions/help lol

Post by Achinbones2812 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:32 am

Definitely black. What wheels and size you got on there? That looks fit.🖒

Macfife
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Macfife » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:55 am

Pep675cc wrote:I'd go black as you have a theme with grills and wheels. I've kept mine black on red as like the contrast.
Cheers sir. My only bug bear is that the side skirts are red but I suppose the mperformance decal will keep the black theme.

M140i Shadow Edition Melbourne Red, mperformance side skirts and rear spoiler, Maxton front and rear side splitters, MPE, Gloss Black Mirrors and Fins

Macfife
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Macfife » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:56 am

Achinbones2812 wrote:Definitely black. What wheels and size you got on there? That looks fit.🖒
Cheers pal. Just 405 18s that I used to use on my 4 GC so offset works nice. They are winters and hoping to take off soon but bloody snow here today!

crazyj

Post by crazyj » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:57 am

Damn that looks good in red....!

Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:28 pm

crazyj wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:57 am
Agree 🤤 keep them black

Macfife
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Macfife » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Hoosier Daddy wrote:
crazyj wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:57 am
Agree 🤤 keep them black
ImageImageImageImage. Decision made and dropped off at body shop to get done in Black.

Macfife
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Macfife » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:55 pm

Summers on and ready for front black Maxton splitter and rear side splitters on Monday.

Can’t wait to get done as that’s the last body modification.....ImageImage

Tricky401
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Tricky401 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:04 pm

Looking good but I prefer the winters personally
M135 5door, mineral Grey,black Dakota , auto, comfort pack + front Pdc, pro nav, adaptive sus, adaptive LEDs, reverse cam, sunroof, shadeband, sun protection, folding mirrors, load through, heated seats. First ever auto and BMW

Macfife
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Macfife » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:07 pm

Tricky401 wrote:Looking good but I prefer the winters personally
Fair point sir, I am 50-50 however I am glad to have the run flats off as noticed the difference in the ride straight away ImageImage

Tricky401

Post by Tricky401 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Macfife wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:07 pm
Fair point sir, I am 50-50 however I am glad to have the run flats off as noticed the difference in the ride straight away ImageImage

Not sure on the 405m widths but get the tyres swapped over and keep the 436m for winters
M135 5door, mineral Grey,black Dakota , auto, comfort pack + front Pdc, pro nav, adaptive sus, adaptive LEDs, reverse cam, sunroof, shadeband, sun protection, folding mirrors, load through, heated seats. First ever auto and BMW

Macfife
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Macfife » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:43 am

Tricky401 wrote:
Macfife wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:07 pm

Not sure on the 405m widths but get the tyres swapped over and keep the 436m for winters
Na Image

Macfife
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Macfife » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:46 pm

With gloss black splitters fitted. Hopefully not taken it too far Image. I like but no more body mods. Thoughts?

ImageImage

Pep675cc
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Pep675cc » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:41 pm

👍👌spot on. Fitted the splitter to mine. Have Motech springs to fit.
What spoiler you had fitted.
M140i Melbourne Red, driver comfort pack, heated seats, PDC rear, sport auto box,Harmon Kardon Hi-Fi, black kidney grills, black mirrors, black fins
420d Msport convertible with all the goodies for those sunny days 8)

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”