Bluetooth Streaming

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

bsky

Bluetooth Streaming

Post by bsky » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:35 pm

Just got my 2014 M135i and having some issues with Bluetooth Streaming, first time connection is fine and streams music no problem, but when I switch the car off and turn everything back on the Bluetooth connects but not for media, when attempting to reconnect all it does is triggers the Music to play out of my phone speakers, the only solution i have found at the moment is to disable Bluetooth on the car and then enable or completely unpair and then reconnect. Any ideas?

Gump12

Re: Bluetooth Streaming

Post by Gump12 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi mate, I am had that issue yesterday, I currently have a similar problem with the bluetooth and am taking the car back to BMW tomorrow for them to have a look. I've just got in from recording a 10 min clip of my errors which is 50% uploading to youtube, if they give me any suggestions or fixes ill let you know.

shifty_dave
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by shifty_dave » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:19 am

I have issues like that fairly often. Usually I find that turning the phone's Bluetooth off and back on fixes it, though I make sure the car is put onto radio or USB input before switching back to Bluetooth streaming.
16 plate F20 M135i LCI / Auto / Passive Suspension / Alpine White / Black Dakota Leather / Comfort Package / Pro Media / Privacy Glass / Heated Seats

simplesimon
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by simplesimon » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:32 pm

I too am having troubles with bluetooth not showing data and wheel controls not operational. You apple or android? I'm currently using a Pixel 2 on android 8.1 and this seems to be a problem on googles side with android working on BMW's. Hopefully a fix solution in the works.

Spoof
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Spoof » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:35 am

I had similar issues with mine.

For those with a pixel 2 (possibly other android too), this has helped me get a more consistent Bluetooth connection.

Settings - System - Developer Options

Find Bluetooth AVRCP version and select AVRCP 1.3 (1.4 is default)

This has made using the Spotify app much quicker and the phone connects properly more often now. It's still not perfect, but a lot better than before.

shifty_dave
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by shifty_dave » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:05 am

simplesimon wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:32 pm
I too am having troubles with bluetooth not showing data and wheel controls not operational. You apple or android? I'm currently using a Pixel 2 on android 8.1 and this seems to be a problem on googles side with android working on BMW's. Hopefully a fix solution in the works.
I'm using a Pixel 1 on Android 8.1. The issues did seem to start when I updated to Android 8, and yep they did seem to have a ton of issues with connecting to BMWs at the time.
16 plate F20 M135i LCI / Auto / Passive Suspension / Alpine White / Black Dakota Leather / Comfort Package / Pro Media / Privacy Glass / Heated Seats

shifty_dave
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by shifty_dave » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:06 am

Spoof wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:35 am

For those with a pixel 2 (possibly other android too), this has helped me get a more consistent Bluetooth connection.

This has made using the Spotify app much quicker and the phone connects properly more often now. It's still not perfect, but a lot better than before.
Fantastic, thanks for this. Just changed the setting and will report back on whether it makes a difference. If it works then I'll forever be in your debt!

Spoof
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Spoof » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:06 am

Its not perfect, but it helped for me.

I just wish Android would work via USB like my iPhone used to.

simplesimon
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by simplesimon » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:24 pm

Spoof wrote:

Sadly didn't work for me. Apple music & Amazon music still don't work correctly. However amazon music does now display title using 1.3 just that wheel controls don't work.
Funnily though no problems at all with Google Play music using 1.4 or 1.3

Barney McGrew
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Barney McGrew » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:30 am

It's a problem I get intermittently (also a Pixel 1).

I can go a week or so with no issues, then occasionally it'll not stream the music until I go into iDrive and then deselect the bluetooth audio and then re-select it which then fires it all back up.

Hasn't done it for a while saying that, not sure if it's the phone or car occasionally losing the plot.

HN1989x
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by HN1989x » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:45 am

Barney McGrew wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:30 am
It's a problem I get intermittently (also a Pixel 1).

I can go a week or so with no issues, then occasionally it'll not stream the music until I go into iDrive and then deselect the bluetooth audio and then re-select it which then fires it all back up.

Hasn't done it for a while saying that, not sure if it's the phone or car occasionally losing the plot.
I just experienced this earlier but I have an iPhone X. The Bluetooth automatically connects but it wouldn’t play any music (Apple music) until I disconnected the Bluetooth and reconnected it. :?

shifty_dave
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by shifty_dave » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:44 am

simplesimon wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:24 pm
Spoof wrote:

Sadly didn't work for me. Apple music & Amazon music still don't work correctly. However amazon music does now display title using 1.3 just that wheel controls don't work.
Funnily though no problems at all with Google Play music using 1.4 or 1.3
Sadly it also didn't work for me. The main issue mine has is that I'll be listening to a podcast using Podcast Addict with Android Auto, then someone will send a message and the audio alert for that seems to mess up when the podcast starts to play again. You can see the counter ticking away but there's no more sound. It also doesn't read out messages from within Android Auto any more either, and this was since updating to Android 8.

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”