Order cancelled by factory - absolutely gutted!!!!

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

baderlfc
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Order cancelled by factory - absolutely gutted!!!!

Post by baderlfc » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:13 am

Had a phone call off the dealer yesterday.. my order for a manual m240i has been cancelled by the factory!

Absolutely devastated, I assumed the order was in on time as i hadn't heard anything sooner!

I'm now thinking allsorts, there's no suitable cars in the UK, and after deliberating for months on spec I don't want to be rash now and just settle for something I don't want.

I've been looking at everything from Porsche Cayman's, to Clio 200 Sports, Evo's, Focus RS's, Golf R's, Mercedes C63 Coupe's, V8 M3's, even the new Fiesta ST.. and pretty much everything in between.

They've got a stunning 12 month old M2 in my local dealer.. maybe i'll have a test drive of that.. monthlys not a vast amount more than what they would have been on the M240i

HN1989x
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Order cancelled by factory - absolutely gutted!!!!

Post by HN1989x » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:30 am

That really sucks :(

However, the M2 is a great idea.

Isit manual or auto?

Take it for a spin. Who knows, you might actually prefer this!

sootyvrs
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by sootyvrs » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:38 am

Sorry to hear about your cancelled order.. Have you looked on the approved BMW website for any delivery mileage manual M240's?

You may find a great bargain there.. There also maybe some unregistered stock manual cars available... OK maybe not to your perfect spec but still options are only the icing on the cake..

M2 is another costlier option and manuals are quite rare.. Test drive one.. I think you will like it :)
My BabyBMW's with some Pork inbetween :D
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2015 F56 Mini Cooper S Man
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2010 R56 Mini Cooper D Man
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

NISFAN
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by NISFAN » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:44 am

No offer to upgrade to auto for gratis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M240i Auto

baderlfc
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by baderlfc » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:47 am

NISFAN wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:44 am
No offer to upgrade to auto for gratis?

Nope!

baderlfc
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by baderlfc » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:51 am

sootyvrs wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:38 am
Sorry to hear about your cancelled order.. Have you looked on the approved BMW website for any delivery mileage manual M240's?

You may find a great bargain there.. There also maybe some unregistered stock manual cars available... OK maybe not to your perfect spec but still options are only the icing on the cake..

M2 is another costlier option and manuals are quite rare.. Test drive one.. I think you will like it :)
I've looked on approved used, too be honest unless they are going to knock a big chunk off the asking prices shown the delivery mileage cars simply don't offer value for money.

The dealer has looked briefly at unregistered cars available for immediate delivery, nothing instantly jumped out.

I think i'm going to pop down for a chat on Monday, if nothing can be sorted it's back to the drawing board.

I may end up picking up something for about £8-10k to keep me happy for a 12 month and then re-assessing the situations, I could equally be in an M2 this time next week.. at the moment i've no idea!

Uncle Tupelo
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Uncle Tupelo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:52 am

Hate to say it but on principle, I'd walk away and buy another brand.
2016 220d Sport xDrive auto.

NISFAN
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by NISFAN » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:55 am

Uncle Tupelo wrote:Hate to say it but on principle, I'd walk away and buy another brand.
Cut your nose off to spite your face? Good plan Image

It’s not the dealers fault, or really BMW’s fault.

M240i Auto

Uncle Tupelo
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Uncle Tupelo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:27 pm

NISFAN wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:55 am
Uncle Tupelo wrote:Hate to say it but on principle, I'd walk away and buy another brand.
I'd see it as a reflection of the customer service I could expect as an owner. If they can't look after you pre-purchase, it doesn't bode well for after they've got your money.
NISFAN wrote:
Dealer takes order which is accepted by BMW then cancelled later but it's neither the dealer nor BMW's fault ? Really? And neither thinks to offer any gesture in compensation?
2016 220d Sport xDrive auto.

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:29 pm

See if TRL can find anything for you.
DEFECTED TO SKODA.

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:30 pm

See if TRL can find anything for you.
DEFECTED TO SKODA.

McTrucky
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by McTrucky » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Maybe some pre reg bargains will pop up as we reach the end of q2? Got my £40k specced 140 at the end of June last year for under £27k as a pre reg with delivery mileage.
M140i Auto; Met Grey with Black Interior; MPower LSD; Bilstein B12; Underbody Brace; Lots of bells and whistles; Shinier than a new pin since I caught the cleaning bug... Give it a month...

baderlfc
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by baderlfc » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:40 pm

I kind of don’t blame the dealer, they have assured me that the order status only changed to cancelled a couple of days Ago.

I do blame bmw.. the order was put in on the 4th May, if they knew they were ceasing manual production they shouldn’t have accepted the order.. im now 7 weeks down the line and back to square one.

I’m going to test drive a Golf R tomorrow, a guy in work has talked me into giving it another chance.. I’ve also emailed the bmw dealer in question and said I want a go of the M2.. I am also going to email TRL on Monday.

Amazingly the online BMW builder is still allowing you to pick manual!!!

I’ve also requested a test drive of the new fiesta ST, can’t see me going for it but more out of curiosity.

I’m desperately trying not to rush into anything though, I know any rash decision I make now I’d live to regret.

Regarding pre-reg delivery miles cars.. would bmw still offer the same finance contribution and apr? I was purchasing PCP

NISFAN
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by NISFAN » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:54 pm

Uncle Tupelo wrote:
NISFAN wrote:
I'd see it as a reflection of the customer service I could expect as an owner. If they can't look after you pre-purchase, it doesn't bode well for after they've got your money.
NISFAN wrote:
Dealer takes order which is accepted by BMW then cancelled later but it's neither the dealer nor BMW's fault ? Really? And neither thinks to offer any gesture in compensation?
Dealer is taking an order for a build slot, that’s all you get. If they can’t build what you wanted when your ‘slot’ is ready, then tough luck buddy. Sure, it would be nice if there was some clarity, but that’s how mass production companies work. They aren’t going to do all the new legislative tests on one car because some guy in the UK wants a manual.
The end is inevitable for any product, so why the need for compensation? The buyer hasn’t lost out on anything other than the opportunity to have goods that he agreed to buy but hasn’t paid for. I admit, it would have been nice for the dealer to come to some settlement on an auto, but perhaps the OP had shot that idea down in flames at some point?!?!?

M240i Auto

NISFAN
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by NISFAN » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:01 pm

baderlfc wrote:I kind of don’t blame the dealer, they have assured me that the order status only changed to cancelled a couple of days Ago.

I do blame bmw.. the order was put in on the 4th May, if they knew they were ceasing manual production they shouldn’t have accepted the order.. im now 7 weeks down the line and back to square one.

I’m going to test drive a Golf R tomorrow, a guy in work has talked me into giving it another chance.. I’ve also emailed the bmw dealer in question and said I want a go of the M2.. I am also going to email TRL on Monday.

Amazingly the online BMW builder is still allowing you to pick manual!!!

I’ve also requested a test drive of the new fiesta ST, can’t see me going for it but more out of curiosity.

I’m desperately trying not to rush into anything though, I know any rash decision I make now I’d live to regret.

Regarding pre-reg delivery miles cars.. would bmw still offer the same finance contribution and apr? I was purchasing PCP
The ordering system isn’t very good. It’s a dealership order system (financial bias) that feeds into BMW MRP system (production bias). I guess the MRP system only looks at vehicles close to build as cars can jump forward at any time (delay on parts for cars ahead of it, etc). At some point there was a cut off for manual, at which point computer said “NO”.

As long as pre-REG are less than 3??? months old and below 100miles, then you should be able to get the “new” rates and contribution.

M240i Auto

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”