Help needed low fuel pressure on dyno couldn’t map my m135i

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Bobbydazzlerr

Post by Bobbydazzlerr » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:55 pm

Some advise and help needed took my car to be mapped at more bhp in Crewe my friend took his and ran fine. My m135i was in for stage 2 has front mount and decat ran 340 on stock run then 395 on map but mike the mapper was not happy with it and said he could not map it. The fuel pressure was all over the place does anyone no what the problem could be as would like to get it sorted so can get I mapped. Gone from being mega excited to be well truly gutted 😞 if anyone can help I would be very greatfull tia

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Help needed low fuel pressure on dyno couldn’t map my m135i

Post by Blind Pugh » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:34 pm

You need to get a code reader and scan yr car for errors. It’s difficult to offer worthwhile suggestions wo knowing more about what’s causing fuel pressure issues
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

Tricky401

Post by Tricky401 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:55 pm

what fuel was it?
M135 5door, mineral Grey,black Dakota , auto, comfort pack + front Pdc, pro nav, adaptive sus, adaptive LEDs, reverse cam, sunroof, shadeband, sun protection, folding mirrors, load through, heated seats. First ever auto and BMW

Bobbydazzlerr

Post by Bobbydazzlerr » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:55 pm

The mapper said it’s not bringing any codes up, well i ran it right down on fuel because it had 95 so went to the Tesco near the place it was getting mapped as he said to use Tesco 99 got there and it was shut down for refurb so spoke to him and he said put esso 97 in 20 litres and he put 1 and a half litre of meth in the fuel to up it to 99 octane ran 340 on stock and the fueling was sound went to remap and upped the power and it made the fuel drop all over the place 😐

Blind Pugh

Post by Blind Pugh » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:22 am

Op

Full tank of quality SUL is standard ahead of going to mappers - Shell is more consistent than TM99.

Ask mapper for logs that show issue with filial pressure
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

Tricky401

Post by Tricky401 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:31 am

Pretty sure the car needs a tank or two doesn’t it to learn the fuel so to speak, so after using 95 then raising it to 97 and meth then the car didn’t know what was going on so restricted the power slightly

As Bp said, before any tuning/dyno run SUL is a must.

My car has only had none super twice. When it was picked up from dealers and once in the evo triangle when the shell garage was closed.
M135 5door, mineral Grey,black Dakota , auto, comfort pack + front Pdc, pro nav, adaptive sus, adaptive LEDs, reverse cam, sunroof, shadeband, sun protection, folding mirrors, load through, heated seats. First ever auto and BMW

Bobbydazzlerr

Post by Bobbydazzlerr » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:23 am

So do you think it could be because I have not ran a tank of super in advance? The mapper won’t give me the logs as he said he doesn’t want people to copy right them said it’s private information. When he ran the car back to stock on the dyno the car fuel was fine only when he put it higher it then went all over the place the car has only done 29k 😐

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:36 am

I doubt it's fuel related. Some LPFP's were known to be dodgy and replaced by BMW. Could also be HPFP, leaky injector, etc.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Bobbydazzlerr

Post by Bobbydazzlerr » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:11 am

Ye asked the mapper and he said it will be nothing to do with the fuel he said everything was looking really good on the car apart from rail pressure dropping off

Bobbydazzlerr

Post by Bobbydazzlerr » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:12 am

How could I diagnose the problem with out it bringing any codes up?

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:13 am

Ask BMW if you're due a free replacement LPFP?
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Bobbydazzlerr

Post by Bobbydazzlerr » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:39 am

Rang bmw today so see if I was due a fuel
Pump on recal and they said there is no recalls for my car 😭

jason@bwchiptune
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jason@bwchiptune » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:38 pm

I've seen this type of thing when these m135i or m235i have had problems after a remap for decats by a number of tuners who buy in there remap files from one file supplier who has turned off a number of faults to stop them showing which the tuner who has flashed the file to the car and has no clue about

when customers have called me asking if I can fix there problems as the tuner has told them they need a new HPFP which they have had changed then the low LPFP after as well at there own cost and the problems are still there until the car is put back to standard

These seem to be more with the 2014-2015 cars which have the later bmw software on them

If I put all the codes back in I can see what comes back up due to asking too much from the ecu

I also found in many cases that that the car will go into limp at around 4000-5000rpm only in sports and sports plus mode as the comfort and normally driving maps have been reduced so to make you feel the tune is only in sports modes

Here's a car we had in that had the same problems and had no codes till we put them back in
We then flashed the car to standard and tuned it our way and it hasn't had any limp problems since

The customer had changed both pumps HPFP and LPFP on the recommendation from the tuner who said it was nothing to do with there remap
this car also had low mileage under 8,000 miles on the clock

Can I ask you what year your car is and the mileage ?

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991.
Dyno Dynamics rolling road.
BW autorepairs
Over 30 year repairing BMWs.
New and fully refurbished BMW/Alpina ,Ecus (DME,DDE) and Cas units.
BMW Ecu repairs.
BMW FRM repairs.
BMW remote Keys made and cut same day with or without car even if all keys lost we can supply you a key like the dealers do.
BMW key blades cut from BMW key code.
Key data fixed for non starters or when theft attempted by making key by obd.
Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (when a key set from a different car has been used).
Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars.
DPF repairs fixed without the need of removal of its guts or replacement.
40% of my work is repairing the problems that are caused by other tuners remap

For more info look in our section under sponsors on this forum

0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Click here for: BMW Remaps
Click here for: BMW Repairs

DynoDynamics rolling road testing in london & newcastle

dealers across the uk

BMW tech
Performance tuning
Ecu repairs

8 & 9 Alpha ind est
Hayes
Ub3 1bb

Bobbydazzlerr

Post by Bobbydazzlerr » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:32 pm

Hi Jason my car is a 2014 the mapper did say it could bring drive train warning up and said the fueling was down so didn’t want to map it as he said it could cause damage is it to do with the decat? My friends went on the rollers just before mine his is a 2014 done 10k more miles and he had not problems he doesn’t have decat. The mapper said everything was looking really good on the car apart from the rail pressure dropping of so he thought it could have been the hpfp. I would love to get it sorted as I have bought an intercooler and decat but like you said I don’t want to then spend big money on hpfp and lpfp and still not work 😐 the mapper showed my friends fuel line and it was nice and straight and mine was more down I have a video of it on the dyno and it blew a cloud of black smoke out like over fuel but not as when he hit the limiter like 3/4 of the way through the revs which I thought was strange

Bobbydazzlerr

Post by Bobbydazzlerr » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:37 pm

Do you think you could map it and the fueo Pressure would be how it should be?

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”