Brake pad replacement

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Np01
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Brake pad replacement

Post by Np01 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:11 am

Had a brake system warning light come on tonight, says drive moderately,if my pads need changing i would like to have a go at changing pads myself, apparently itโ€™s meant to be easy with the blue m sport calipers. I donโ€™t track the car and was looking at eurocarparts for replacement pads, however they seem to have a few different shape pads on offer, how do I know which ones i need, I was under the impression they were almost square in shape rather than the normal shape pads. Also they do not seem to sell the wear sensors, do I need to get these from bmw? Also do I need to apply any grease to the back of the pads and do I need to undo the reservoir lid to open up the caliper, I apologise for so many questions, but after searching the web, seem to get so many contradictions on what to do, thanks in advance ๐Ÿ‘
M135i Manual, mineral/oyster, Bluespark box, carbon mirrors, MPE, carbon trim, double slat grille, HK, pro Nav, Alcantara wheel, AC roof spoiler, on MPSS, Forge Motorsport Charge Pipe

OzBMR

Re: Brake pad replacement

Post by OzBMR » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:20 am

I'll be doing my own rotors and pads also when they are due.

This is a pretty good explanation for the fronts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEp1WEEPbQo

Brembo pad parts codes here https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/c ... 00120235-1

M135i and M140i are the same

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by marco_polo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:46 am

You are correct, the pads are almost square, with both little weights hanging off the outside edge.

I would buy a replacement wear sensor from BMW, had no end of problems with aftermarket versions.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Np01
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Np01 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:57 am

marco_polo wrote: โ†‘
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:46 am
You are correct, the pads are almost square, with both little weights hanging off the outside edge.

I would buy a replacement wear sensor from BMW, had no end of problems with aftermarket versions.
Thanks Marco, will order them Monday, the video OzBMR posted above was for different system, the Msport calipers you just knock out the 2 pins and remove the guide to get to pads, is that correct? And the only bit of info needed is do I have to open the lid on the brake fluid bottle? Thank you
M135i Manual, mineral/oyster, Bluespark box, carbon mirrors, MPE, carbon trim, double slat grille, HK, pro Nav, Alcantara wheel, AC roof spoiler, on MPSS, Forge Motorsport Charge Pipe

Np01
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Np01 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:59 am

OzBMR wrote: โ†‘
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:20 am
I'll be doing my own rotors and pads also when they are due.

This is a pretty good explanation for the fronts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEp1WEEPbQo

Brembo pad parts codes here https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/c ... 00120235-1

M135i and M140i are the same
Thank you OzBMR, can see what I have to order now ๐Ÿ‘

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:25 am

This guy makes a bit of a meal of it, it genuinely shouldn't take as long as 2 minutes.

Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Np01
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Np01 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:55 am

marco_polo wrote: โ†‘
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:25 am
This guy makes a bit of a meal of it, it genuinely shouldn't take as long as 2 minutes.

Thanks Marco, just found this vid as well, a little bit more informative for noobs like myself ๐Ÿ‘
https://youtu.be/EbDscuAZBwk

MLPerformanceUK

Post by MLPerformanceUK » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:46 am

They are quite easy to do, just take your time.

If you are looking for brake pads, we have some EBC in stock ready to ship, you can also use the discount code "BABY-EBC" at checkout for forum discount.

EBC F20/F21 M135i/M140i Brake Pads:
https://www.mlperformance.co.uk/search? ... +brake+ebc
Marshall Lee

ML Performance

www.mlperformance.co.uk

sales@mlperformance.co.uk

BMW/BMS/VRSF/Pure/Wagner/EBC/Eventuri/Evolve/RB/TTE/ER/Turbosmart/aFe/StopTech/Fuel-It/Injen/LUX/Forge/Remus/Milltek/Dragy/KW/H&R/BBS/MFactory/Akrapovic/Supersprint

Np01
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Np01 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:36 pm

MLPerformanceUK wrote: โ†‘
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:46 am

If you are looking for brake pads, we have some EBC in stock ready to ship, you can also use the discount code "BABY-EBC" at checkout for forum discount.

Thanks Marshall
Have purchased pads from euros, they had a nice discount on, will be going for the rear diffuser from you next though ๐Ÿ‘

MLPerformanceUK

Post by MLPerformanceUK » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:21 pm

Np01 wrote: โ†‘
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:36 pm
MLPerformanceUK wrote: โ†‘
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:46 am

Thanks Marshall
Have purchased pads from euros, they had a nice discount on, will be going for the rear diffuser from you next though ๐Ÿ‘
No problem at all, it is my pleasure to help. What sort of discount did they have one for the EBC pads, if you don't mind me asking?
Marshall Lee

ML Performance

www.mlperformance.co.uk

sales@mlperformance.co.uk

BMW/BMS/VRSF/Pure/Wagner/EBC/Eventuri/Evolve/RB/TTE/ER/Turbosmart/aFe/StopTech/Fuel-It/Injen/LUX/Forge/Remus/Milltek/Dragy/KW/H&R/BBS/MFactory/Akrapovic/Supersprint

Spoof
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Spoof » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:35 pm

You can get StopTech M3/M4 pads for ยฃ100 per axle if you shop about. They're a decent fast road/track pad.

I've got a lot less dust compared to standard pads and a bit more initial bite.

Return to โ€œM135i/M235i/M140i/M240iโ€