BMW M2 DCT

Uncle Tupelo
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Dealership treatment of vehicles during service

Post by Uncle Tupelo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:37 am

Superlevure wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:47 am
Stir this up out of proportion, get the entire dealership to vote BNP/UKIP for the next 60 years.
Didn't realise they stood candidates in Oz ...
2016 220d Sport xDrive auto.

babyb

Post by babyb » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:48 am

bfi2906 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:56 am
@ Jahjaman - You've been way more restrained that I could have been - well played.

I'm in Oz too, so I'm interested in which dealer treated your car so poorly. That said, I expect you're reluctant to name them - but feel free to if you so choose.

Assuming not, are they in NSW, and if so, are they in Sydney, and if yes, what part of Sydney (N,S,E,W)?

Thanks in advance.
I'm pretty sure the dealer is BMW Sydney in Alexandria

bfi2906

Post by bfi2906 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:57 am

Thank you! If so - I'm happy :)

Either way, out of respect @ Jahjaman, I'll let it go at that.

He / she has handled this with great class and diplomacy, I'd hate to change that or add a negative tone to the proceedings.

Thanks again

Jahjaman
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Jahjaman » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:33 pm

The dealership is BMW Sydney.

The dealership is putting in place a policy to have customer dash cams "tagged" upon disconnecting, to ensure that the cars do not go back to the customers without being reconnected.

They will also have body dash cams (GoPro) for senior tech personnel when the car is being taken out on the road.

After reviewing my footage, and as mentioned before, the entire dealership (both sales and service) had a meeting to discuss handling of customers' vehicles as well as commentary directed at the customers.

However, no apology regarding the way the car was driven was ever provided to me.

The Service Manager was adamant of the following:

1. There was no excessive acceleration and the car was not mistreated during the test drive;
2. The technician did not speed; and
3. Free revving the engine before shutdown was to test for abnormal noises.

I don't agree with any of the above statements but I'm not going to follow up on it. As I mentioned before, no harm to the car was done - hence I shall not waste any more of my time talking to a brick wall.

My above statements are based on true facts, no defamation can be implied on anything I have said.

Links to the videos are as below:

1. https://youtu.be/K8B8BEXH874
2. https://youtu.be/lavvqg_zHKI
3. https://youtu.be/64BZ87A5wTE

Note that the above videos were of a test drive immediately after the technician had diagnosed a puncture in one of the rear tyres (which I did pay to have fixed at a point in time after the video). The oil was also freshly changed and would have hardly been up to temp.

You can make up your own mind.

Also note I would have let it all go but for the ridiculous conversation that was captured between the technicians about my mum. I will not publish the video as it is inside their workshop and I am respecting the **SPAM** of he individuals (who I have been told have been reprimanded), but regardless, a reminder of what was said below:

"you know an old asian lady drives this?"
"asians brah"
"lucky I disconnected the thing mate"
"I unplugged it"
Aussie M140i 5 door
Quaife LSD - Eibach Pro springs - F80 LCA + SuperPro TS castor bushes - BCS cat back (boost flap deleted - electric actuator flap retrofitted)

BMW M Lite Owners Group AU & NZ
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248993522276877/

Jamesno1
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Jamesno1 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:11 pm

Didn't think they were particularly harsh on your car if I'm honest
M135i

Lucky10

Post by Lucky10 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:38 pm

Just read most of thread. Not good about the comments but feel they were pretty fair on the car for a road test.
If it was stone cold maybe it was a little early to rev it but doesn’t sound like it was revved that much.

Also the revving at the end seems like it could be to check for rattles etc.

If it was warm I wouldn’t mind then hitting the limiter on mine to check it runs soundly after a repair or similar as long as they were not driving stupidly.

babybmwadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by babybmwadmin » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:36 pm

All,
I am locking this thread down now.

I commend Jahjaman for the way that he wrote the post and did not just jump out to name and shame.

Past history has shown that more often than not, people who name and shame and then go through legal wranglings will inevitably come crawling back asking for the post to be hidden or deleted whilst said legal cases are on going.

Hopefully BMW as a group will take some further action from this incident and start to roll changes out across not only BMW Australia dealerships, but others in other countries.

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”