Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

figolovechild

M140i rear wheel noise

Post by figolovechild » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:35 am

M140i rear wheel noise
Edit Delete post Report this post Quote
Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:37 pm

https://youtu.be/bzLRTOrQ3F0

So I’m getting a rubbing noise when I’m driving (more noticeable at lower speeds as the sound is quite faint)
Took the rear wheel off to investigate and I get quite a lot of Rubbing as I spin the disc. But you’ll notice another clicking noise as I spin the disc.

Anyone got any ideas what this can be? The liquid you see is just water I was using to lube the disc.

Now here comes the paranoia. I had the car in a place to have the wheels refurbed. When I went in to pick the car up they claimed the powder coat came off one of the wheels as they tried to fit the tire. I took their word for it but I could only see the wheel in question from a distance. At the time I thought I saw a gauge out of the wheel but put it down to the paint being all crumpled up as at that time I had no reason to doubt them. When the wheel was finally ready the car didn’t feel right on the drive home as if it was a little unstable. Still drives in a straight line but high speeds feels nervous. I then noticed videos of them on Instagram drifting cars so then it got me thinking they had clipped a kerb.

Simon Site Manager
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: M140i rear wheel noise

Post by Simon Site Manager » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:46 am

Might be worth getting the tracking checked?

Father Mapple

Post by Father Mapple » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:53 am

That sounds like the drum brake dragging slightly. Maybe it would be worth checking the adjustment?
M140

figolovechild

Post by figolovechild » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:50 pm

Cheers for the replies guys. I’ll just have to take it to the dealer to have them check it. It’s not knowing for sure if something has happened to it that bugs me, as I can’t pass on that info to the mechanic who will be trying to diagnose the issue.

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”