buying service pack

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

andydavy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

buying service pack

Post by andydavy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:24 pm

Anyone know if I can do this online or do I have to visit a dealer?

Goon
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: buying service pack

Post by Goon » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:15 pm

Depends who you talk to, I was at a dealer and enquired about it and was told" nothing to do with us its a separate company that runs service packs please phone this number". Should have done it immediately because the next day I rang the number I was told "please contact your local dealer". A bit confusing to say the least.

stag74
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by stag74 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:21 pm

Did it face to face with my dealer last week and having my first service with them on Monday.
£299
M140i 3 Door Manual

G0tcha
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by G0tcha » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:22 pm

I did mine via the dealer, they can do it anytime in the first 3 years and mine was organised after I had booked it in for its first service so it can be done at short notice. There was something that had to be set up on BMW's system before the service team could invoice it but that took a few hours tops.

Goon
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Goon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:57 pm

G0tcha wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:22 pm
I did mine via the dealer, they can do it anytime in the first 3 years and mine was organised after I had booked it in for its first service so it can be done at short notice. There was something that had to be set up on BMW's system before the service team could invoice it but that took a few hours tops.
The dealer stuffed me then.

MrPinny

Post by MrPinny » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:28 pm

I was advised against it as I would only get 1 service in the 3 year plan, I was told it would be cheaper just to pay for the first service. he said it was worth getting when it was a 5 year plan, but not now its a 3 year plan.

G0tcha
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by G0tcha » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:35 pm

The dealer stuffed me then.
If you have not spent the money on a separate service, you can could do it with any BMW dealer over the phone - certainly with Cooper Cobham anyrate :)

As to the service pack's value, I was quoted £325 (naughty, list price is £250) for the service or £299 for the service pack. If you do 12k a year plus then the SP works out cheaper over the 3yrs (based on the 250) and you get the free oil top ups and other little extras. It was a no brainer for me

Forkhandles

Post by Forkhandles » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi, I’ve been lurking for a while, I currently have a 218d M Sport on PCP, I took out the 5 year service pack back in 2015 and thought it was a great deal, never had to pay a penny more for any service.

I’ve just ordered a new M240i and asked about the current service plan and was advised against it by the dealer as it’s now 3 years and doesn’t include brake fluid change. I do around 14k a year so I reckon I’ll get 2 services out of it? Seems a no brainier or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kerr
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Kerr » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:09 pm

Forkhandles wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:54 pm
Hi, I’ve been lurking for a while, I currently have a 218d M Sport on PCP, I took out the 5 year service pack back in 2015 and thought it was a great deal, never had to pay a penny more for any service.

I’ve just ordered a new M240i and asked about the current service plan and was advised against it by the dealer as it’s now 3 years and doesn’t include brake fluid change. I do around 14k a year so I reckon I’ll get 2 services out of it? Seems a no brainier or am I missing something?

It depends how you drive it. Everyone will be different, but I assume 14k per year means you'll do a reasonable amount of higher MPG driving?

My first service wasn't done until 23,000 miles. Some people have been even more than that.

3x14=42,000 so I still would missed a second service with 23,000 mile intervals.

Basically you need to do a reasonable amount of miles and thrash the car a lot to get the second service.

BMW quite clearly plan the service plan to benefit as few people as possible.

Forkhandles

Post by Forkhandles » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:30 pm

Kerr wrote:
Forkhandles wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:54 pm

It depends how you drive it. Everyone will be different, but I assume 14k per year means you'll do a reasonable amount of higher MPG driving?

My first service wasn't done until 23,000 miles. Some people have been even more than that.

3x14=42,000 so I still would missed a second service with 23,000 mile intervals.

Basically you need to do a reasonable amount of miles and thrash the car a lot to get the second service.

BMW quite clearly plan the service plan to benefit as few people as possible.

Thanks! I generally try and get a high MPG despite having a fuel card and most of my miles are motorway. I guess I could take a chance, may get 2 services or worse case scenario, with inflation, the first service may have increased to £299 so I break even (assuming it is £299 for an M240i).

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”