Rear sill kick plates on 5 door

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Post Reply
jonaldo
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:52 am

Rear sill kick plates on 5 door

Post by jonaldo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:40 pm

I can't remember if my M135i had rear doors sill kick plates, my new M140i doesn't. Is this something that is no longer fitted or am I imagining that they where on the M135i?
Current - 2018 (Sept build) M140i Shadow. Auto. Melbourne Red, heated black with blue stitching, adaptive suspension, pipercross + wing mirrors, rear diffuser and canards wrapped with black gloss.

Gone - 2015 M135i Estoril Blue + MPE exhaust

DougieM
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1185
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Rear sill kick plates on 5 door

Post by DougieM » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:38 am

You were imagining it, never had them on my M135i or M140i's - more obvious on the later for me being white though.

You can buy something to stick in place but once I considered awkward shape and fact no damage on previous through use decided not to bother. I did buy clear film to put in various places but did not last long as dirt gathering around edge was unsightly - I did stick film over the M140i chrome kick plates though and that will stay as not noticeable.
2018 F20 M140i SE - Auto, Alpine White & black leather.
2016 F20 M140i - Auto, Alpine White & oyster leather.
2015 LCI F20 M135i - Auto, Estoril Blue & black leather.
2013 F21 116i M Sport - Manual, Valencia Orange & black leather.

jonaldo
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:52 am

Re: Rear sill kick plates on 5 door

Post by jonaldo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:16 am

Thanks Dougie 👍
Current - 2018 (Sept build) M140i Shadow. Auto. Melbourne Red, heated black with blue stitching, adaptive suspension, pipercross + wing mirrors, rear diffuser and canards wrapped with black gloss.

Gone - 2015 M135i Estoril Blue + MPE exhaust

User avatar
Blades1977
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Re: Rear sill kick plates on 5 door

Post by Blades1977 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:18 pm

I had them on my 15 plate M135i and 63 plate 120d...
F20 M140i SE auto, black leather and alpine white

F20 M135i, manual, red leather and alpine white

dantheman
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:53 pm

Re: Rear sill kick plates on 5 door

Post by dantheman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 am

jonaldo wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:40 pm
I can't remember if my M135i had rear doors sill kick plates, my new M140i doesn't. Is this something that is no longer fitted or am I imagining that they where on the M135i?
My 2016 M135i has them. No shiny insert like the front ones though.
2016 LCI F20 M135i Auto - Alpine White / Coral

GazM135i
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:07 pm
Location: North West

Re: Rear sill kick plates on 5 door

Post by GazM135i » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:28 pm

Mine aren’t there on the new M140i Shadow edition. On my old 63 plate M135i they were plastic ones fitted.

User avatar
Blades1977
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Re: Rear sill kick plates on 5 door

Post by Blades1977 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:03 pm

Wonder if you can still get them as a part to order?
F20 M140i SE auto, black leather and alpine white

F20 M135i, manual, red leather and alpine white

un1eash
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Rear sill kick plates on 5 door

Post by un1eash » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:01 pm

51477263311
51477263312

User avatar
Blades1977
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Re: Rear sill kick plates on 5 door

Post by Blades1977 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Very interesting!
F20 M140i SE auto, black leather and alpine white

F20 M135i, manual, red leather and alpine white

User avatar
GMballistic
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:50 pm
Location: South Wales
Contact:

Re: Rear sill kick plates on 5 door

Post by GMballistic » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:25 pm

dantheman wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 am
jonaldo wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:40 pm
I can't remember if my M135i had rear doors sill kick plates, my new M140i doesn't. Is this something that is no longer fitted or am I imagining that they where on the M135i?

My 2016 M135i has them. No shiny insert like the front ones though.
Yep mine is the same on my 2012 M135i.
Be nice if the rears matched the front but I'm happy with them still. :wink:
2012 Alpine White F20 M135i

kch1984
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: Rear sill kick plates on 5 door

Post by kch1984 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:58 pm

Same thing happened with 3 series - from late 2016 the rear kick plates were deleted!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougieM
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1185
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Rear sill kick plates on 5 door

Post by DougieM » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:31 pm

DougieM wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:38 am
You were imagining it, never had them on my M135i or M140i's - more obvious on the later for me being white though.

You can buy something to stick in place but once I considered awkward shape and fact no damage on previous through use decided not to bother. I did buy clear film to put in various places but did not last long as dirt gathering around edge was unsightly - I did stick film over the M140i chrome kick plates though and that will stay as not noticeable.
Yeah, I am talking crap there - sorry, too many 1ers in fairly quick order! Checked back posts, My M135i LCI did have the rear kick plates but I complained about quality, then they dropped them altogether for the 140 -

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=89121&p=1148283&hi ... m#p1148283
2018 F20 M140i SE - Auto, Alpine White & black leather.
2016 F20 M140i - Auto, Alpine White & oyster leather.
2015 LCI F20 M135i - Auto, Estoril Blue & black leather.
2013 F21 116i M Sport - Manual, Valencia Orange & black leather.

dantheman
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:53 pm

Re: Rear sill kick plates on 5 door

Post by dantheman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:36 am

...and they only have 'BMW' in the molding (not M135i), so retrofitting on an M140i wouldn't look out of place :)
2016 LCI F20 M135i Auto - Alpine White / Coral

Post Reply

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”