decisions

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, Producethis, babybmwadmin

bigfellas_dad
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

decisions

Post by bigfellas_dad »

Ive had my shadow for 30months now and im now at the stage where i am close to what i owe compared to webuyanycar. ill soon be in a position where i can pay the car off in cash and buy something new..... but im torn, the m140i is just such a great car.

Where do people go after this car? Strangely, i still love the older 1 series coupe's which i think where built upto 2013..... just not sure any of them have interesting enough engines, i dont mind losing a fair chunk of performance but not 'too much'!

3rd world issues i suppose.
bmw M140i Shadow Edition Auto/MG/COG/BLACK and Honda CBR1000RR fireblade for when i want to go REALLY fast!
bmw 330i E90 SE
loads of company cars
7 Impreza STi's and 2 Lexus Soarers

stevesurrey
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: decisions

Post by stevesurrey »

bigfellas_dad wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:31 pm
i still love the older 1 series coupe's which i think where built upto 2013..... just not sure any of them have interesting enough engines, i dont mind losing a fair chunk of performance but not 'too much'!

Think the E82 135i came with the N55 engine, the predecessor of the B58, so shouldnt be too much of a sacrifice.
E81 120D (N47) SE+Dynamic Package, 2007/57, M Sports Suspension, Montego Blue, Pro HU+HiFi Speakers & Dipstick

NISFAN
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by NISFAN »

bigfellas_dad wrote:Ive had my shadow for 30months now and im now at the stage where i am close to what i owe compared to webuyanycar. ill soon be in a position where i can pay the car off in cash and buy something new..... but im torn, the m140i is just such a great car.

Where do people go after this car? Strangely, i still love the older 1 series coupe's which i think where built upto 2013..... just not sure any of them have interesting enough engines, i dont mind losing a fair chunk of performance but not 'too much'!

As has been said, later ones had N55 engines, so nothing wrong there.

Just to add, they are epic cars. Drove my friends round Spa, loved it. Handled so well with lots of steering feel. Although he does have some ball jointed suspension links, which helps. But made my M240 with upgrades seem like a softy in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M240i Auto

SamM140
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by SamM140 »

I’m not there yet, but I think these are going to be bloody hard cars to replace; more than quick enough without costing a fortune to run.

An M car seems like the logical step on if you can stomach the running costs. An M2 is top of the list for me.
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

Plus my other half’s 2007 116 cheapy project

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”