All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

rob_65
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: WOW, I did not know that...

Post by rob_65 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:16 pm

Iany wrote:
topuphere666 wrote:That there is a leather knee pad to rest against!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It needs to be adjustable. I sit too far back to rest my knee against it Image
Me too. This bugged me no end in the Golf R and is actually quite uncomfortable!

I wish there was adjustability.

I did see this longer replacement one, but it’s quite pricey and would need to check it fits.

http://www.bimmermasterpieces.com/screen/product/mfzcyx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shifty_dave
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by shifty_dave » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:46 am

When the car has pinged up a low tyre pressure warning and you have the yellow exclamation mark on the dash, the car locks the drivetrain into Comfort mode and the others can't be selected - not even Eco Pro.
16 plate F20 M135i LCI / Auto / Passive Suspension / Alpine White / Black Dakota Leather / Comfort Package / Pro Media / Privacy Glass / Heated Seats

RBS Bob
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by RBS Bob » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:47 pm

With an auto box in manual drive And sports +.

At a steady speed of 50-60 mph.

An A road or motorway is best for this.

Manually select 8th gear then put the accelerator to the floor. The car will hardly gain any speed.

Pull the left paddle, and hold, keep foot on the floor.

Car automatically selects highest gear and flies.

Oh, don't forget to change gear manually once once you red line.

Enjoy!
2015 135i F20 Auto Alpine White Red Leather. 1992 1.9 Peugeot 205 GTI. KTM Duke 2 640.

Quattrodave
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Quattrodave » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:30 pm

shifty_dave wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:46 am
When the car has pinged up a low tyre pressure warning and you have the yellow exclamation mark on the dash, the car locks the drivetrain into Comfort mode and the others can't be selected - not even Eco Pro.
Not for mine. Still able to select Eco pro at least and I have a very very slow puncture on the right rear which means having to inflate every 4-5 weeks!

Paul CS
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Paul CS » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:14 pm

RBS Bob wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:47 pm

Manually select 8th gear then put the accelerator to the floor. The car will hardly gain any speed.

Enjoy!
Yes...

"Due to changes in internal design, the shift times [of the ZH8HP] have reduced to 200 milliseconds; additionally, the unit brings the ability to shift in a non-sequential manner - going from gear 8 to gear 2 in extreme situations"

Taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission.

Who needs a DCT? Well no one actually. M5 is no longer DCT and is ZF. Alfa Remo is ZF and there is more. I bet the next M3/M4 won't be DCT.

Paul
M140i MR Shadow Edition. MP springs. Under frame brace.

GeeDee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by GeeDee » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:18 pm

RBS Bob wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:47 pm

Enjoy!
I found, when using this technique, that there is a significant pause whilst it changes down and then you invariably hit the redline almost immediately and acceleration stops until your brain registers the problem and you flick the upchange.

PS You don't need to be in Sports+, Just manual mode.

Much safer to change down in anticipation of the acceleration. Personally, in those situations, when ready, I tend to flick the gearbox over to D and then back to Sports to allow the gearbox to select the "correct" gear for the overtake and maximise acceleration through the gearchanges.
64 plate F20 M135i-Auto used in M :drive:-LSD-Sunroof-Bells & whistles-OBDII Reader-No dipstick-Jack in boot-Tesco 99-Can be driven off without key-Bluetack on mirror sensor-Handbrake bedded in-No obvious difference between Comfort & Sports

sir richard large
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by sir richard large » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:57 am

2016 Model. Cant seem to use the paddle to force transmission back into D-automatic, from the temporary-manual mode.

Stick: right (D)
Mode: comfort or sport-chassis

1. Click the paddle to shift it into temporary manual mode....

the transmission will only return to D if i dont play with paddles for a while (which is expected behavior), or if i flick the stick left and back to right.

holding down the right paddle, or left paddle, or both, does not force the transmission back to D. maybe it has to do with throttle position....

shifty_dave
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by shifty_dave » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:00 am

Quattrodave wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:30 pm
shifty_dave wrote:
Not for mine. Still able to select Eco pro at least and I have a very very slow puncture on the right rear which means having to inflate every 4-5 weeks!
Interesting. I did notice that the tyre pressure warnings happen in two stages - first it was a 'white' warning message about tyre pressure being low but safe to drive, and I could still change the drivetrain setting. There was then a 'yellow' warning about low pressure and I couldn't change the setting then.

Not disagreeing with you btw, might just have been a quirk in the system that day when I was playing around with tyre pressures.
16 plate F20 M135i LCI / Auto / Passive Suspension / Alpine White / Black Dakota Leather / Comfort Package / Pro Media / Privacy Glass / Heated Seats

Gimbal
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Gimbal » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:31 pm

sir richard large wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:57 am
2016 Model. Cant seem to use the paddle to force transmission back into D-automatic, from the temporary-manual mode.

the transmission will only return to D if i dont play with paddles for a while (which is expected behavior), or if i flick the stick left and back to right.

holding down the right paddle, or left paddle, or both, does not force the transmission back to D. maybe it has to do with throttle position....
Works for me. (Holding the right paddle for 2-3sec, or holding right and flick the left for quick return to auto. 2017 model)

GeeDee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by GeeDee » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:51 pm

sir richard large wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:57 am

That's the behaviour I get and was not a problem for me when trying this out. By the time you've phaffed around trying to get it back to D I used to find it would have done it automatically - it doesn't take long.
64 plate F20 M135i-Auto used in M :drive:-LSD-Sunroof-Bells & whistles-OBDII Reader-No dipstick-Jack in boot-Tesco 99-Can be driven off without key-Bluetack on mirror sensor-Handbrake bedded in-No obvious difference between Comfort & Sports

Simon Site Manager
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Simon Site Manager » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Two things I discovered today; topuphere's knee pad, saw that this morning, had not noticed that before. Have owned my 140 now for 11 months from new, .....adaptive headlights, I couldn't work out whilst on dark roads that my headlights didn't go to high beam on their own. Driving home this evening (in a traffic jam) East Lancs...enough said, I noticed the Auto high beam button on the BC stalk. FFS :-), haven't read the instructions....yet :-)

GeeDee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by GeeDee » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Not a fan of adaptive headlights. Too slow to react at times and street lighting can affect them. I prefer main beam wherever possible without dazzling others.

Dwaind
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Dwaind » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:02 pm

I din't think the M135i has the same adaptive lights as the M2***, I found the adaptive in my M235i to be superb and extremely reactive to oncomming traffic.

If fact they are as good as the Icons in my M4.
Current - M4
Gone - 530d M Sport
Gone -Red M235i,
Toys - Triple Black R1200GS, Ducati 848

GMballistic
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by GMballistic » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:03 pm

shifty_dave wrote:
Yes my car did that the first day I had it and was on a long drive home from the garage where I bought it.

At first I thought something was wrong as I couldn't change the drivetrain/engine mode but thought it might be something to do with the TPS warning and once I sorted that at a petrol station all was good. :wink:
2012 Alpine White F20 M135i

Bingers
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Bingers » Fri May 18, 2018 10:17 am

You can't close the petrol flap with the car locked. Looked a right tit after filling up earlier to the sheer delight of several white van men.
Estoril Blue M140i 5dr, Auto, couple of options, MPE.

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”